Microsoft: Mac OS X Did NOT Inspire Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbismack

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
Its a lie to say that Mac OS X hasn't influenced Windows, just as much as it is a lie to say that Windows hasn't influenced OS X. They're competitors and they do take note of what each other are doing. They may not have intentionally influenced each other, but I would doubt that. Its business, its competition.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]gbismack[/nom]Its a lie to say that Mac OS X hasn't influenced Windows, just as much as it is a lie to say that Windows hasn't influenced OS X. They're competitors and they do take note of what each other are doing. They may not have intentionally influenced each other, but I would doubt that. Its business, its competition.[/citation]
Competition? Have you SEEN Apple's market share?

Of course windows took note. However, I highly doubt that they weren't already planning to beef up their UI anyway.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Sorry, but MS has ALWAYS copied Apple...and they always will. They dont innovate, they duplicate. Though both are becoming completely unstable

pepperman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]Sorry, but MS has ALWAYS copied Apple...and they always will. They dont innovate, they duplicate. Though both are becoming completely unstable[/citation]

MICROFT Office anybody? HALO franchise? Need I go on?

G

I believe OS X did not inspire win 7... it was the previous 6 incarnations of windows that sucked so bad which lead to win 7 sucking less

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]pepperman[/nom]MICROFT Office anybody? HALO franchise? Need I go on?[/citation]
There are dozens, if not hundreds of better examples. [citation][nom]nelson_nel[/nom]Seriously this is the most non-news ever postd on here I feel like. I'm done with this place. A way more credible site is http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/. Way less ads, way more reliable reviews, their benchmarks aren't always being called into question.And no awful 'news'. See ya there.[/citation]
Quit trolling every thread, please. If you don't like it, quit making yourself look stupid and go somewhere else. And if you think you can do better, please by all means create your own ad based technology site that generates millions of visits per month. I'm sure you'll do very well.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]Sorry, but MS has ALWAYS copied Apple...and they always will. They dont innovate, they duplicate. Though both are becoming completely unstable[/citation]
Spare us your self-righteous indignation. Apple has been accusing Microsoft of copying them for a long time. They even tried to sue Microsoft after they released their first version of Windows claiming it was a blatant rip-off of the "look and feel" of the Mac. However, the case was tossed when the judge saw evidence indicating that both Gates and Jobs borrowed heavily from technology developed by Xerox's PARC labs.

There is a well-known argument between Jobs and Gates that was witnessed by numerous Apple employees where Gates told Jobs:
"Its like we both have this rich neighbor named Xerox, and you broke in to steal the TV set and found I'd been there first, and you said, 'Hey, that's not fair! I wanted to steal the TV set,'"

In their more recent offerings, I agree with gbismark, I think they both influence each other.

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
[citation][nom]nelson_nel[/nom]Seriously this is the most non-news ever postd on here I feel like. I'm done with this place. A way more credible site is http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/. Way less ads, way more reliable reviews, their benchmarks aren't always being called into question.And no awful 'news'. See ya there.[/citation]

Dud, the site is awesome. Those technical reviews disappeared on tomshardware.com, sad..
Thanks

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]pepperman[/nom]MICROFT Office anybody? HALO franchise? Need I go on?[/citation]

Actually, MS merely jumped on the bandwagon once they saw what VisiCalc, Wordstar, and dBase were doing in office apps. Halo was designed by Bungie in 1991, and purchased by MS in 2000.

The one thing that we can give MS full credit for developing are their development suites like C# and Visual Basic.

Copycat Microsoft telling us they don't copy anything... NATAL is a completely new way of using a camera to play games... The eye toy and the gameboy camera have nothing in common with it...

Seriously... who's buying this???!!!

greenbuck

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Windows does not simulate OS X. It's far from it. Microsoft, however, took some ideas from Apple OS X and Linux. They should give credit where credit is due. Other than that, Window is still superior OS than OS X. I don't care what Mac lovers or Marcus Yam has to say.

landerx74

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Well I would bet that MS when creating any new interface or design change for and OS would have the competitions product running just next to it for ideas.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Windows vista and users unable to comprehend UAC and other small vista quirks along w\ some bugs and driver support inspired windows 7, which obviously is very similar to vista, nearly identical.

Of course, if you're a power user of sorts and you find yourself doing run commands and stuff like that, and using the command line... surely you've noticed that everything you could do in windows 2000, windows xp, and windows vista, you can also do in windows 7.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
First of all, GUI advancement credit should always go to fully customizable LINUX distributions if credit needs to be established. That's where it's development came from way before Mac. I now feel bad for this uninformed Microsoft Limey , i'm sure he's catching some shit now. LOL M yam FTL as usual..

biometricsguy

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
It's seems to me that both windows 7 and OS X have been far more influenced by the linux community than they have each other.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.