2 days ago I downloaded from Microsoft Winxp upgrades 18 of them.
Since then I can't open or use anything in the computer.
The only thing that works is the mouse.I have a full black and white screen
that says restart the computer normally or with the last workable way.
Neither of these work. I have tried to start in safe mode--nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

"Upstate ed ed.sup@verizon.net" wrote:

> 2 days ago I downloaded from Microsoft Winxp upgrades 18 of them.
> Since then I can't open or use anything in the computer.
> The only thing that works is the mouse.I have a full black and white screen
> that says restart the computer normally or with the last workable way.
> Neither of these work. I have tried to start in safe mode--nothing.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Try restoring your PC to factory settings. When your PC starts, insert your
system restore disk that came with your PC. All of your documents and files
may disappear, but at least your PC will be up and running. Oh, and don't
download all the extra updates; just run an express update everytime to get
the critical stuff. Tell me if anything goes right or wrong...

-Ken C.
New Delhi, India

"nospamfromken" wrote:

> "Upstate ed ed.sup@verizon.net" wrote:
>
> > 2 days ago I downloaded from Microsoft Winxp upgrades 18 of them.
> > Since then I can't open or use anything in the computer.
> > The only thing that works is the mouse.I have a full black and white screen
> > that says restart the computer normally or with the last workable way.
> > Neither of these work. I have tried to start in safe mode--nothing.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Try restoring your PC to factory settings. When your PC starts, insert your
> system restore disk that came with your PC. All of your documents and files
> may disappear, but at least your PC will be up and running. Oh, and don't
> download all the extra updates; just run an express update everytime to get
> the critical stuff. Tell me if anything goes right or wrong...
>
> -Ken C.
> New Delhi, India

"Upstate ed ed.sup@verizon.net" wrote:

> "nospamfromken" wrote:
> Ken
I thank you for answering me.I tried what you suggested, and
the light on the drive I used just flashed nothing else happened,
any other thoughts?