Qestion about Zelda Link's Awakening DX for gameboy

hi,

can anyone tell me how many version of Zelda Link's Awakening for
gameboy color are there? it seems there are at least two, DX and
non-DX, what's the difference between them?

thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about qestion zelda link awakening gameboy
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    On 22 Jun 2005 18:58:03 -0700, xiongnu@my-deja.com wrote:

    >can anyone tell me how many version of Zelda Link's Awakening for
    >gameboy color are there? it seems there are at least two, DX and
    >non-DX, what's the difference between them?

    At least 3 versions actually. The non DX version are only in B&W for
    the original Gameboys. The early version had a strange screen warp
    bug that causes you to skip one screen ahead if you time it carefully
    so you enter the sub screen at the same time as you are just about to
    go to the next screen of the overworld. The later version has this
    fixed so it can't be done.

    The DX version was the original remade with color for Color GB and in
    addition to near SNES-esque graphics, there is a color only dungeon
    that can be reached only if you're using CGB or GBA.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    xiongnu@my-deja.com wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > can anyone tell me how many version of Zelda Link's Awakening for
    > gameboy color are there? it seems there are at least two, DX and
    > non-DX, what's the difference between them?
    >
    > thanks

    As far as I recall, the DX version has color designed for
    the GBC and also has at least 1 new area.

    --
    New version of an old favorite!
    The Briefcase Fulla Rant!

    thanks for the detailed explaination!

    i just bought a Zelda DX on ebay for my GBA
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message
    > On 22 Jun 2005 18:58:03 -0700, xiongnu@my-deja.com wrote:
    >
    >>can anyone tell me how many version of Zelda Link's Awakening for
    >>gameboy color are there? it seems there are at least two, DX and
    >>non-DX, what's the difference between them?
    >
    > At least 3 versions actually. The non DX version are only in B&W for
    > the original Gameboys. The early version had a strange screen warp
    > bug that causes you to skip one screen ahead if you time it carefully
    > so you enter the sub screen at the same time as you are just about to
    > go to the next screen of the overworld. The later version has this
    > fixed so it can't be done.
    >
    > The DX version was the original remade with color for Color GB and in
    > addition to near SNES-esque graphics, there is a color only dungeon
    > that can be reached only if you're using CGB or GBA.

    The DX version also had support for the GB printer. There were various
    points in the game where you could take a photo and print it out.

    On another note I'd love to see LA and the 2 Oracle games updated and
    re-released for GBA. They were all great games but the 2 Oracles in
    particular really suffered from the lack of buttons on the GBC, meaning
    most of your gameplay time seemed to be spent in the options screen
    shuffling your items around between the 2 buttons.

    If they stuck these 3 Zelda's on a GBA cart and added 4-button support
    I'd buy it in a second.

    Steve
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:15:01 +1000, "Steve" <spam@spam.spam> wrote:

    >On another note I'd love to see LA and the 2 Oracle games updated and
    >re-released for GBA. They were all great games but the 2 Oracles in
    >particular really suffered from the lack of buttons on the GBC, meaning
    >most of your gameplay time seemed to be spent in the options screen
    >shuffling your items around between the 2 buttons.

    An updated LA would be nice but I doubt Oracle series would get
    re-released for GBA considering they were released just after GBA came
    out and it does have limited GBA support (more color in certain scene
    when viewed on GBA rather than GBC)
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    hi,

    could anyone show me how to save game in Zelda Link's Awakening DX on
    GBA? i tried all the buttons but none of them saves the game for me,
    or save option is nonexisting?

Console Gaming Gameboy Nintendo Video Games