N64 stopped working with some games!

I have an old N64 system, and today the Mario Tennis and Mario Racing
stopped working! The other few games - Zelda, Donkey Kong racing,
Tiger's adventure - all work fine.

WIth the Mario Tennis, we were in the middle of the game when it
started to make screeching noise (like someone is playing with audio
wires) and then froze! Now when I put the Mario Tennis cartridge, the
system does not start up - just blank screen. Same with Mario racing.

Any ideas???

Denis
1 answer Last reply
More about stopped working games
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    <DeniskaMAshka@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have an old N64 system, and today the Mario Tennis and Mario Racing
    > stopped working! The other few games - Zelda, Donkey Kong racing,
    > Tiger's adventure - all work fine.
    >
    > WIth the Mario Tennis, we were in the middle of the game when it
    > started to make screeching noise (like someone is playing with audio
    > wires) and then froze! Now when I put the Mario Tennis cartridge, the
    > system does not start up - just blank screen. Same with Mario racing.
    >
    > Any ideas???
    >
    > Denis

    Have you tried cleaning the game cartridge slot on both cart and N64?
    Sometimes gunk in them causes this.

Console Gaming N64 Games Video Games