N64 stopped working with some games!

Last response: in Video Games
June 23, 2005 12:42:27 AM

I have an old N64 system, and today the Mario Tennis and Mario Racing
stopped working! The other few games - Zelda, Donkey Kong racing,
Tiger's adventure - all work fine.

WIth the Mario Tennis, we were in the middle of the game when it
started to make screeching noise (like someone is playing with audio
wires) and then froze! Now when I put the Mario Tennis cartridge, the
system does not start up - just blank screen. Same with Mario racing.

Any ideas???

Denis
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:18:59 PM

<DeniskaMAshka@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an old N64 system, and today the Mario Tennis and Mario Racing
> stopped working! The other few games - Zelda, Donkey Kong racing,
> Tiger's adventure - all work fine.
>
> WIth the Mario Tennis, we were in the middle of the game when it
> started to make screeching noise (like someone is playing with audio
> wires) and then froze! Now when I put the Mario Tennis cartridge, the
> system does not start up - just blank screen. Same with Mario racing.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Denis

Have you tried cleaning the game cartridge slot on both cart and N64?
Sometimes gunk in them causes this.
!