DC

Hello,
I hope someone can help with this, it's driving me crazy.
I'm trying to transfer info from a Sony Ericsson cellphone(K300i) using the
send by infra-red option to this PC (XP Pro SP2) through a USB IrDA
adaptor(Sitecom, from Maplins).
I know it can be done, because it's worked OK using that adaptor on another
PC running the same Windows, and also on my work's laptop running Win98.
This PC & adaptor can handle IrDA well enough, as I can HotSync my Palm with
no problems, and I downloaded a program from SonyEricsson to synchronise
Windows address book, and that works OK. It also detected and installed the
phone as a modem when I first tried.
On the good PC the "other PC in range" icon appears on the taskbar and I can
send or recieve to the phone, but not on this one, even though all the
settings in ControlPanel/Wireless are the same.
Please help.
Dave C

DC

DC wrote:
> Hello,
> I hope someone can help with this, it's driving me crazy.
> I'm trying to transfer info from a Sony Ericsson cellphone(K300i)
> using the send by infra-red option to this PC (XP Pro SP2) through a
> USB IrDA adaptor(Sitecom, from Maplins).
> I know it can be done, because it's worked OK using that adaptor on
> another PC running the same Windows, and also on my work's laptop
> running Win98. This PC & adaptor can handle IrDA well enough, as I
> can HotSync my Palm with no problems, and I downloaded a program from
> SonyEricsson to synchronise Windows address book, and that works OK.
> It also detected and installed the phone as a modem when I first
> tried. On the good PC the "other PC in range" icon appears on the taskbar
> and I can send or recieve to the phone, but not on this one, even
> though all the settings in ControlPanel/Wireless are the same.
> Please help.
> Dave C

I eventually tracked it down in ControlPanel/ AdministiveTools/ Services.
I enabled Terminal Services, and Bob was my uncle.!
I think I may have disabled it some time ago, in an attempt to speed up the
shutdown process.
Cheers, Dave C.