D: drive missing

When i put a cd in my D:\ drive absolutly nothing happens. When I go into My
Computer and click on the D:\ drive icon it says"the drive or network
connection is unavailable". I don't know whether the D:\ drive has been
reassigned to a different letter or if I need to do something so that the
hard drive recognizes it but I know it works properly because the disk drive
file under the C:\ drive hardware says it is ok. Any help? Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about drive missing

    CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
    Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP

    To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

    1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    [Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]

    2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

    3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

    4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

    5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

    6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value,
    if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need
    to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

    7. Restart your computer.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Adam" wrote:

    | When i put a cd in my D:\ drive absolutly nothing happens. When I go into My
    | Computer and click on the D:\ drive icon it says"the drive or network
    | connection is unavailable". I don't know whether the D:\ drive has been
    | reassigned to a different letter or if I need to do something so that the
    | hard drive recognizes it but I know it works properly because the disk drive
    | file under the C:\ drive hardware says it is ok. Any help? Thanks

    A few other things i should say is that I was never aware that Easy Cd
    Creator was ever on my computer and if it was I don't know how it got
    deleted. I am also not getting any error messages at all. Just that the
    target, in the cd drive icon's properties, says that the target (D:\) is not
    valid.

Windows XP