Anyone ever hook up an original Famicom to a U.S. tv?

There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
been able to do this successfully.

"bizarrosanta" <bizarrosanta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
> been able to do this successfully.

I tried and the best I could get is some wierd sounds :(

Cheers,
Colin

CMC wrote:

>>There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
>>been able to do this successfully.

> I tried and the best I could get is some wierd sounds :(

Does Japan use PAL? You may need some sort of converter.

Stephen Williams a écrit :
> CMC wrote:
>
>>> There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
>>> been able to do this successfully.
>

>> I tried and the best I could get is some wierd sounds :(
>

> Does Japan use PAL? You may need some sort of converter.

Japan is NTSC...

bizarrosanta wrote:
> There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
> been able to do this successfully.

As I recall, it's somewhere around channel 13 on a old tuner. You'd
need a dial tuner, not digital. With a dial you can fine tune around a
channel's specific band.

An AV mod would be your best bet. How to do that, not sure.

Let me guess, you are trying to run the Family Basic set?