Anyone ever hook up an original Famicom to a U.S. tv?

There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
been able to do this successfully.
4 answers Last reply
More about anyone hook original famicom
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "bizarrosanta" <bizarrosanta@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
    > been able to do this successfully.

    I tried and the best I could get is some wierd sounds :(

    Cheers,
    Colin
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    CMC wrote:

    >>There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
    >>been able to do this successfully.

    > I tried and the best I could get is some wierd sounds :(

    Does Japan use PAL? You may need some sort of converter.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Stephen Williams a écrit :
    > CMC wrote:
    >
    >>> There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
    >>> been able to do this successfully.
    >

    >> I tried and the best I could get is some wierd sounds :(
    >

    > Does Japan use PAL? You may need some sort of converter.

    Japan is NTSC...
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    bizarrosanta wrote:
    > There was minimal info in the FAQ on this. Just wondering if anyone's
    > been able to do this successfully.

    As I recall, it's somewhere around channel 13 on a old tuner. You'd
    need a dial tuner, not digital. With a dial you can fine tune around a
    channel's specific band.

    An AV mod would be your best bet. How to do that, not sure.

    Let me guess, you are trying to run the Family Basic set?

Console Gaming TV Nintendo Video Games