After a reinstall of XP, I can't install the scanner. The software installs,
but not the hardware. Can you help?
Windows XP home, SP2
Dell computer
Epson scanner

Huh?

How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

***Wolverine*** wrote:
> After a reinstall of XP, I can't install the scanner. The software installs,
> but not the hardware. Can you help?
> Windows XP home, SP2
> Dell computer
> Epson scanner

Have you installed the WinXP-specific device drivers as provided by the
scanner's manufacturer?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

After the reinstallation of XP, did you install the motherboard chipset
drivers?

Are the USB ports KNOWN to be working with other hardware devices?

If it's a SCSI scanner, have you got the drivers for the SCSI card installed
correctly?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging