sound card probs

windows xp will not recognize my sound card which came with the system
and has been working fine.
i get the message

cannot play back audio stream: no audio hardware is available or the
hardware is not responding

please can anyone help

--
maxgt1
2 answers Last reply

    did you load the drivers??
    peterk

    "maxgt1" <maxgt1.1vj11n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > windows xp will not recognize my sound card which came with the system
    > and has been working fine.
    > i get the message
    >
    > cannot play back audio stream: no audio hardware is available or the
    > hardware is not responding
    >
    > please can anyone help
    >

    > --
    > maxgt1

    By "which came with the system" do you mean it's built into the
    motherboard (turn it on in the bios) or that you got the computer with the
    pci sound card (install updated drivers) ?

    "maxgt1" <maxgt1.1vj11n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > windows xp will not recognize my sound card which came with the system
    > and has been working fine.
    > i get the message
    >
    > cannot play back audio stream: no audio hardware is available or the
    > hardware is not responding
    >
    > please can anyone help
    >

    > --
    > maxgt1