svchost problems after clean install

JG

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

was getting lots of probs/blue screens with my Athlon64/Asus A8V so I wiped
it and did a clean install of WinXP with SP2 and all updates and patches.

Now, I regularly get:

svchost.exe application error
The instruction at "0x000001f0" referenced memory at "0x000001f0". The
memory could not be "written".
Click ok to terminate the program. Click cancel to debug the program.

This happens on booting the computer and when loading a program (eg.
Internet explorer, outlook express)

Any ideas please guys?

Hi,

I have following suggestion:

You may start your computer in safe mode to see if this issue occurs. And
the step to boot into safe mode is below:

Safe Mode loads a minimally protected-mode configuration, disabling Windows
device drivers and using the standard VGA display adapter.

1. Restart the computer.
2. Keep pressing F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.
3. Choose the Safe Mode with Network, and press Enter.

Note: Some third party applications and some hardware device cannot be used
during Safe Mode. You will temporarily be unable to connect to the Internet
temporarily while in Safe Mode.

If this issue disappears in the safe mode, I suspect that it is related to
some third-party services or programs. You may Use Clean Boot to eliminate
third party interference Boot into Clean Boot environment. Steps are below.

1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in
the Open box, and then click OK.
2. In the Startup tab, click the "Disable All" button.
3. In the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox,
and then click the "Disable All" button.
4. Click OK and restart your computer.

310560: How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560

Hope it helps.

Best regards,