svchost problems after clean install

was getting lots of probs/blue screens with my Athlon64/Asus A8V so I wiped
it and did a clean install of WinXP with SP2 and all updates and patches.

Now, I regularly get:

svchost.exe application error
The instruction at "0x000001f0" referenced memory at "0x000001f0". The
memory could not be "written".
Click ok to terminate the program. Click cancel to debug the program.

This happens on booting the computer and when loading a program (eg.
Internet explorer, outlook express)

Any ideas please guys?
1 answer Last reply
More about svchost problems clean install

    Hi,

    I have following suggestion:

    You may start your computer in safe mode to see if this issue occurs. And
    the step to boot into safe mode is below:

    Safe Mode loads a minimally protected-mode configuration, disabling Windows
    device drivers and using the standard VGA display adapter.

    1. Restart the computer.
    2. Keep pressing F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.
    3. Choose the Safe Mode with Network, and press Enter.

    Note: Some third party applications and some hardware device cannot be used
    during Safe Mode. You will temporarily be unable to connect to the Internet
    temporarily while in Safe Mode.

    If this issue disappears in the safe mode, I suspect that it is related to
    some third-party services or programs. You may Use Clean Boot to eliminate
    third party interference Boot into Clean Boot environment. Steps are below.

    1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in
    the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. In the Startup tab, click the "Disable All" button.
    3. In the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox,
    and then click the "Disable All" button.
    4. Click OK and restart your computer.

    310560: How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in
    Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560

    Hope it helps.

    Best regards,

    Vincent Xu
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    >>From: "jg" <me@mine.com>
    >>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    >>Subject: svchost problems after clean install
    >>Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 07:49:53 +0800
    >>
    >> was getting lots of probs/blue screens with my Athlon64/Asus A8V so I
    wiped
    >>it and did a clean install of WinXP with SP2 and all updates and patches.
    >>
    >>Now, I regularly get:
    >>
    >>svchost.exe application error
    >>The instruction at "0x000001f0" referenced memory at "0x000001f0". The
    >>memory could not be "written".
    >>Click ok to terminate the program. Click cancel to debug the program.
    >>
    >>This happens on booting the computer and when loading a program (eg.
    >>Internet explorer, outlook express)
    >>
    >>Any ideas please guys?

Clean Install Windows XP