when i try to open my windows firewall it tells me to open it manually from
the control panel so i do..still it won't come back on! anyone with ideas
pleaseee help!!

What's the exact error message, Jen?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Jen g" <Jen g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to open my windows firewall it tells me to open it manually
> from
> the control panel so i do..still it won't come back on! anyone with ideas
> pleaseee help!!

hello, it says error 2:the system cannot find the file specified? why do you
suppose that is??

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> What's the exact error message, Jen?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Jen g" <Jen g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when i try to open my windows firewall it tells me to open it manually
> > from
> > the control panel so i do..still it won't come back on! anyone with ideas
> > pleaseee help!!

Click Start, Run and type firewall.cpl ?

--

> hello, it says error 2:the system cannot find the file specified? why do
> you
> suppose that is??
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> What's the exact error message, Jen?
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Jen g" <Jen g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > when i try to open my windows firewall it tells me to open it manually
>> > from
>> > the control panel so i do..still it won't come back on! anyone with
>> > ideas
>> > pleaseee help!!

hello ramesh i tried that and it never worked..it told me that the associated
file is not in service???? goodness what next??

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Click Start, Run and type firewall.cpl ?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Jen g" <Jeng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello, it says error 2:the system cannot find the file specified? why do
> > you
> > suppose that is??
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> What's the exact error message, Jen?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows XP Shell/User
> >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >>

> >> "Jen g" <Jen g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

hello,are you still able to help me out?

"Jen g" wrote:

> hello ramesh i tried that and it never worked..it told me that the associated
> file is not in service???? goodness what next??
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Click Start, Run and type firewall.cpl ?
> >
> > --
> > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP Shell/User
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
> >

> > "Jen g" <Jeng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > hello, it says error 2:the system cannot find the file specified? why do
> > > you
> > > suppose that is??

Post the Exact error message as seen on the screen.

"Windows cannot display Windows Firewall settings" error while accessing
Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm

--

> hello ramesh i tried that and it never worked..it told me that the
> associated
> file is not in service???? goodness what next??
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Click Start, Run and type firewall.cpl ?
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Jen g" <Jeng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hello, it says error 2:the system cannot find the file specified? why
>> > do
>> > you
>> > suppose that is??

chubaka

Distinguished
May 11, 2005
unlike you, i would like nothing more then getting rid of the MS firewall altogether!!! i don't want to see it on the screen!! or know it's in the comp. how can i completely remove from system? i mean completely!!
thanks.