cannot send or recieve mail in outlook

September 18, 2005 1:06:03 AM

I downloaded a windows xp update and now I cannot send and receive e-mail in
outlook. I have run virus scan numerous times - no viruses. I have also tried
to detect and repair and still nothing. I also ran scandisk to check for
errors and nothing has come up. I have problems with trying to hit enter to
start a new paragraph while typing, as well I can't backspace to correct
typos in Outlook (this also occurs in Word, since it's the program that comes
up when I need to send a reply. I also have a few other related problems with
trying to get other hardware to work since the update download but it's not a
microsoft product.
I am at my wits end. I would like to find a solution to this prior to
removing Microsoft Office and reloading it.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 1:19:45 AM

First thing I would do is replace the keyboard.

Once I was sure the keyboard was working properly, then I would delete and
recrate the mail account(s) in question in Outlook.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Parker" <Parker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded a windows xp update and now I cannot send and receive e-mail
>in
> outlook. I have run virus scan numerous times - no viruses. I have also
> tried
> to detect and repair and still nothing. I also ran scandisk to check for
> errors and nothing has come up. I have problems with trying to hit enter
> start a new paragraph while typing, as well I can't backspace to correct
> typos in Outlook (this also occurs in Word, since it's the program that
> comes
> up when I need to send a reply. I also have a few other related problems
> with
> trying to get other hardware to work since the update download but it's
> not a
> microsoft product.
> I am at my wits end. I would like to find a solution to this prior to
> removing Microsoft Office and reloading it.
September 18, 2005 2:58:02 AM

The keyboard works just fine when I am typing with any other program, for
example I can use all the keys while I am typing this it's just with
Microsoft Office programs. I actually downloaded an Office update which
helped the whole enter and backspace problem; however, I still can't send or
receive any e-mail. I have tried to send an e-mail to myself and it won't
send.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> First thing I would do is replace the keyboard.
>
> Once I was sure the keyboard was working properly, then I would delete and
> recrate the mail account(s) in question in Outlook.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Parker" <Parker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I downloaded a windows xp update and now I cannot send and receive e-mail
> >in
> > outlook. I have run virus scan numerous times - no viruses. I have also
> > tried
> > to detect and repair and still nothing. I also ran scandisk to check for
> > errors and nothing has come up. I have problems with trying to hit enter
> > start a new paragraph while typing, as well I can't backspace to correct
> > typos in Outlook (this also occurs in Word, since it's the program that
> > comes
> > up when I need to send a reply. I also have a few other related problems
> > with
> > trying to get other hardware to work since the update download but it's
> > not a
> > microsoft product.
> > I am at my wits end. I would like to find a solution to this prior to
> > removing Microsoft Office and reloading it.

September 18, 2005 9:21:29 PM

Take Cari's advice - don't be stubborn & try another keyboard first; which
you apparently haven't bothered to try.
Then give feedback, it's called 'process of elimination' !

--

johnf

!