Can't Ping D-Link DI-514 Wireless Router

Tags:
  • Wireless Router
  • Wireless
  • D-Link
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 12, 2004 1:33:39 PM

Hello,

I have a D-Link DI-514 wireless router and I can't ping it over a
wireless connection. I'm using a TwinMOS D230 (Realtek 8180) PCMCIA
adaptor on Windows XP for the client, and it will only link if I
manually assign a IP address, but will never ping the router or other
machines. I've upgraded firmware and reset the unit several times,
tried different WEP settings (including disabled), and tried different
preamble settings. The outcome is always the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tommy

More about : ping link 514 wireless router

June 12, 2004 9:39:34 PM

tom@startwebhost.com (Tommy Watt) wrote in

> Hello,
>
> I have a D-Link DI-514 wireless router and I can't ping it over a
> wireless connection. I'm using a TwinMOS D230 (Realtek 8180) PCMCIA
> adaptor on Windows XP for the client, and it will only link if I
> manually assign a IP address, but will never ping the router or other
> machines. I've upgraded firmware and reset the unit several times,
> tried different WEP settings (including disabled), and tried different
> preamble settings. The outcome is always the same.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tommy

Does the router have DHCP enabled by default after you perform a reset?
Are you running a firewall on XP, even if it's the built-in one? Does the
manual mention what the router's default IP is? Let us know. --Jago
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 15, 2004 1:49:30 AM

Jago <jago@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:<Xns95068C7041951jagonowherenet@216.77.188.18>...
> tom@startwebhost.com (Tommy Watt) wrote in
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a D-Link DI-514 wireless router and I can't ping it over a
> > wireless connection. I'm using a TwinMOS D230 (Realtek 8180) PCMCIA
> > adaptor on Windows XP for the client, and it will only link if I
> > manually assign a IP address, but will never ping the router or other
> > machines. I've upgraded firmware and reset the unit several times,
> > tried different WEP settings (including disabled), and tried different
> > preamble settings. The outcome is always the same.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tommy
>
> Does the router have DHCP enabled by default after you perform a reset?
> Are you running a firewall on XP, even if it's the built-in one? Does the
> manual mention what the router's default IP is? Let us know. --Jago

Turns out I just had a bad NIC! Had another identical one and it
works flawlessly. Too bad the wife can't get online until the
replacement gets in... ;)
!