Can't Ping D-Link DI-514 Wireless Router

Hello,

I have a D-Link DI-514 wireless router and I can't ping it over a
wireless connection. I'm using a TwinMOS D230 (Realtek 8180) PCMCIA
adaptor on Windows XP for the client, and it will only link if I
manually assign a IP address, but will never ping the router or other
machines. I've upgraded firmware and reset the unit several times,
tried different WEP settings (including disabled), and tried different
preamble settings. The outcome is always the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tommy
2 answers Last reply
More about ping link wireless router

    tom@startwebhost.com (Tommy Watt) wrote in

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a D-Link DI-514 wireless router and I can't ping it over a
    > wireless connection. I'm using a TwinMOS D230 (Realtek 8180) PCMCIA
    > adaptor on Windows XP for the client, and it will only link if I
    > manually assign a IP address, but will never ping the router or other
    > machines. I've upgraded firmware and reset the unit several times,
    > tried different WEP settings (including disabled), and tried different
    > preamble settings. The outcome is always the same.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tommy

    Does the router have DHCP enabled by default after you perform a reset?
    Are you running a firewall on XP, even if it's the built-in one? Does the
    manual mention what the router's default IP is? Let us know. --Jago

    Jago <jago@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:<Xns95068C7041951jagonowherenet@216.77.188.18>...
    > tom@startwebhost.com (Tommy Watt) wrote in
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have a D-Link DI-514 wireless router and I can't ping it over a
    > > wireless connection. I'm using a TwinMOS D230 (Realtek 8180) PCMCIA
    > > adaptor on Windows XP for the client, and it will only link if I
    > > manually assign a IP address, but will never ping the router or other
    > > machines. I've upgraded firmware and reset the unit several times,
    > > tried different WEP settings (including disabled), and tried different
    > > preamble settings. The outcome is always the same.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Tommy
    >
    > Does the router have DHCP enabled by default after you perform a reset?
    > Are you running a firewall on XP, even if it's the built-in one? Does the
    > manual mention what the router's default IP is? Let us know. --Jago

    Turns out I just had a bad NIC! Had another identical one and it
    works flawlessly. Too bad the wife can't get online until the
    replacement gets in... ;)

Wireless Router Wireless D-Link Wireless Networking