Windows XP Freeze. Please Help!

Hi Guys
Had probs with a corrupt file yesterday, so it was advised to run
scandisk to try to correct the problem. Did that, but when xp
restarted, as soon as i touch the keyboard to type anything in, windows
just seems to freeze. I've had no probs browsing web pages or using
accessing any progs, but it just freezes as soon as i touch the
keyboard :-( I've tried system restore to set it 4 earlier dates, using
a different keyboard, but neither work. Help would be much appreciated.
Cheers Mike.

--
terrortone112

"terrortone112" <terrortone112.1vjydq@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi Guys
> Had probs with a corrupt file yesterday, so it was advised to run
> scandisk to try to correct the problem. Did that, but when xp
> restarted, as soon as i touch the keyboard to type anything in, windows
> just seems to freeze. I've had no probs browsing web pages or using
> accessing any progs, but it just freezes as soon as i touch the
> keyboard :-( I've tried system restore to set it 4 earlier dates, using
> a different keyboard, but neither work. Help would be much appreciated.
> Cheers Mike.

try to uninstall you keyboard driver, and reboot , then plug in keyboard and
see if it will plug and play.
To uninstall driver: start>right click on my computer and choose properties
and then the "hardware tab" you will see "device manager" listed which you
should open. Select you keyboard from the list, right click again for
properties and choose uninstall driver. Unplug your keyboard and then
reboot.

TRENDING THREADS