Safexp + Secure Desktop

Hi!
I am using windows xp pro SP2, with all windows updates made.
I also use Kaspersky as antivirus and sygate as firewall.
Everything was working fine until i decided to apply Safexp
(http://www.theorica.net/safexp.htm) on my computer. I selected a lot of
options to increase my computer security and privacy. A lot of options
worked fine and i also noticed a lot of speed improvements.

But..
I am a massive user of fast user switching utility of windows XP. It stoped
working.

1)I lost windows key+L function(it started to block my computer insted going
to welcome screen)

2)On Task manager(control+alt+delete) on tab "process" there is no
respective user to process, it is blank (only inactive process have
"system"), on tab "users" no user is logged in.

So, i decided to look arround and i checked that "use fast user switching"
was disabled on Control panel. I try to enable it but it doesn't worked.

I applyed "Secure Desktop undo" and "Restore Fast User Switching" of
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm i a got back my windows key+L
function, welcome screen back and teh option of control painel checked.

I was happy until that when i try to have 2 (or more) users logged on at
same time Welcome Screen loops when trying to log on. I can only have a user
at once.

I already contacted Safexp forum and technical support, but no answers.

Please, i really need help and (re)format is out of question.
Any help is welcome.
Thanks for all and sorry bad english.

Guilherme
3 answers Last reply
More about safexp secure desktop

    In news:newscache$44r0ni$zb$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt,
    LUMINOSO <luminoso@gmail.com> had this to say:

    > Hi!
    > I am using windows xp pro SP2, with all windows updates made.
    > I also use Kaspersky as antivirus and sygate as firewall.
    > Everything was working fine until i decided to apply Safexp
    > (http://www.theorica.net/safexp.htm) on my computer. I selected a lot
    > of options to increase my computer security and privacy. A lot of
    > options worked fine and i also noticed a lot of speed improvements.
    >
    > But..
    > I am a massive user of fast user switching utility of windows XP. It
    > stoped working.
    >
    > 1)I lost windows key+L function(it started to block my computer
    > insted going to welcome screen)
    >
    > 2)On Task manager(control+alt+delete) on tab "process" there is no
    > respective user to process, it is blank (only inactive process have
    > "system"), on tab "users" no user is logged in.
    >
    > So, i decided to look arround and i checked that "use fast user
    > switching" was disabled on Control panel. I try to enable it but it
    > doesn't worked.
    > I applyed "Secure Desktop undo" and "Restore Fast User Switching" of
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm i a got back my windows
    > key+L function, welcome screen back and teh option of control painel
    > checked.
    > I was happy until that when i try to have 2 (or more) users logged on
    > at same time Welcome Screen loops when trying to log on. I can only
    > have a user at once.
    >
    > I already contacted Safexp forum and technical support, but no
    > answers.
    > Please, i really need help and (re)format is out of question.
    > Any help is welcome.
    > Thanks for all and sorry bad english.
    >
    > Guilherme

    Making vast automated changes to the OS is, as you seem to now be aware, not
    always the best choice. I'd try a repair installation:

    Repair Installation of XP :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/xprepair.html

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    will i lose my x:\documents and settings\*.* files?
    do i must (re)install everything?

    In news:newscache$ub11ni$h57$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt,
    LUMINOSO <luminoso@gmail.com> had this to say:

    > will i lose my x:\documents and settings\*.* files?
    > do i must (re)install everything?
    >

    > "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> escreveu na mensagem
    >> In news:newscache$44r0ni$zb$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt,
    >> LUMINOSO <luminoso@gmail.com> had this to say:

    >>> Hi!
    >>> I am using windows xp pro SP2, with all windows updates made.
    >>> I also use Kaspersky as antivirus and sygate as firewall.
    >>> Everything was working fine until i decided to apply Safexp
    >>> (http://www.theorica.net/safexp.htm) on my computer. I selected a
    >>> lot of options to increase my computer security and privacy. A lot
    >>> of options worked fine and i also noticed a lot of speed
    >>> improvements. But..
    >>> I am a massive user of fast user switching utility of windows XP. It
    >>> stoped working.
    >>>
    >>> 1)I lost windows key+L function(it started to block my computer
    >>> insted going to welcome screen)
    >>>
    >>> 2)On Task manager(control+alt+delete) on tab "process" there is no
    >>> respective user to process, it is blank (only inactive process have
    >>> "system"), on tab "users" no user is logged in.
    >>>
    >>> So, i decided to look arround and i checked that "use fast user
    >>> switching" was disabled on Control panel. I try to enable it but it
    >>> doesn't worked.
    >>> I applyed "Secure Desktop undo" and "Restore Fast User Switching" of
    >>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm i a got back my
    >>> windows key+L function, welcome screen back and teh option of
    >>> control painel checked.
    >>> I was happy until that when i try to have 2 (or more) users logged
    >>> on at same time Welcome Screen loops when trying to log on. I can
    >>> only have a user at once.
    >>>
    >>> I already contacted Safexp forum and technical support, but no
    >>> answers.
    >>> Please, i really need help and (re)format is out of question.
    >>> Any help is welcome.
    >>> Thanks for all and sorry bad english.
    >>>
    >>> Guilherme
    >>
    >> Making vast automated changes to the OS is, as you seem to now be
    >> aware, not always the best choice. I'd try a repair installation:
    >>
    >> Repair Installation of XP :
    >> http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/xprepair.html
    >>
    >> Galen
    >> --
    >>
    >> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained
    >> his trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you
    >> will come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual
    >> after all." Sherlock Holmes

    You should not, just make sure you use a different profile name to be sure.
    If you want you can then copy your old profile into your new one.

    Corrupted Profile: Windows XP :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/corruptprofile.html

    Those are the directions but usually for a different reason.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Windows XP