Problem with Super Mario Sunshine

Hello newsgroup,

I have problems getting the insignia in Porto D'oro 8. Chapter. I can
use Yoshi when I give him his wanted fruit. When I want to go to the
insignia I loose everytime Yoshi, because he don't likes water... I
tried several times to jump from the helicopter platform to the
platforms in the near of the insignia but I can not jump so far I need to!

Can somebody give me a hint how to get the insignia?

With regards
Stevan
15 answers Last reply
More about problem super mario sunshine
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Stevan Tiefert" <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote in message
    > Hello newsgroup,
    >
    > I have problems getting the insignia in Porto D'oro 8. Chapter. I can
    > use Yoshi when I give him his wanted fruit. When I want to go to the
    > insignia I loose everytime Yoshi, because he don't likes water... I
    > tried several times to jump from the helicopter platform to the
    > platforms in the near of the insignia but I can not jump so far I need to!
    >
    > Can somebody give me a hint how to get the insignia?
    >
    > With regards
    > Stevan

    www.gamefaqs.com
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    HELLO EVERYONE, I AM PLAYING SUPER MARIO BROS. AND I GET STUCK ON WORLD
    5-3. I NEED SOMEONE TO COME TO MY HOUSE AND PLEASE GET ME PAST THE PART
    WITH ALL THE HOLES. I NEED TO FINSIH THIS GAME THIS WEEK SO IF YOU
    COULD COME OVER BY 6PM TONIGHT THAT WOULD WORK, BUT NOT PAST 8PM
    BECAUSE MOM SAYS NO.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Jack (www.villagebbs.com)" <lupin3@planetjurai.com> wrote in message
    > HELLO EVERYONE, I AM PLAYING SUPER MARIO BROS. AND I GET STUCK ON WORLD
    > 5-3. I NEED SOMEONE TO COME TO MY HOUSE AND PLEASE GET ME PAST THE PART
    > WITH ALL THE HOLES. I NEED TO FINSIH THIS GAME THIS WEEK SO IF YOU
    > COULD COME OVER BY 6PM TONIGHT THAT WOULD WORK, BUT NOT PAST 8PM
    > BECAUSE MOM SAYS NO.

    HAHAHAHAHHAHA, good one

    itll prolly be completely over the OPs head though
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Wurm schrieb:
    > "Stevan Tiefert" <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello newsgroup,
    >>
    >>I have problems getting the insignia in Porto D'oro 8. Chapter. I can
    >>use Yoshi when I give him his wanted fruit. When I want to go to the
    >>insignia I loose everytime Yoshi, because he don't likes water... I
    >>tried several times to jump from the helicopter platform to the
    >>platforms in the near of the insignia but I can not jump so far I need to!
    >>
    >>Can somebody give me a hint how to get the insignia?
    >>
    >>With regards
    >>Stevan
    >

    > www.gamefaqs.com

    A very insufficient answer.

    Maybe you are out of topic?

    With regards
    Stevan
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    In article <42e7c5a9$0$29097$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net>,
    Stevan Tiefert <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote:

    >Wurm schrieb:
    >> "Stevan Tiefert" <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hello newsgroup,
    >>>
    >>>I have problems getting the insignia in Porto D'oro 8. Chapter. I can
    >>>use Yoshi when I give him his wanted fruit. When I want to go to the
    >>>insignia I loose everytime Yoshi, because he don't likes water... I
    >>>tried several times to jump from the helicopter platform to the
    >>>platforms in the near of the insignia but I can not jump so far I need to!
    >>>
    >>>Can somebody give me a hint how to get the insignia?
    >>>
    >>>With regards
    >>>Stevan
    >>

    >> www.gamefaqs.com
    >>

    >A very insufficient answer.
    >
    >Maybe you are out of topic?
    >
    >With regards
    >Stevan

    I think what he meant was go to www.gamefaqs.com and look at a FAQ
    (frequently asked questions) for SMS. There are lots of FAQs for the
    game and they should be able to answer most questions you have about
    the game. It's a very useful site to go to if you are stuck in a
    game, especially a popular game like Mario Sunshine that has a ton of
    FAQs.

    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/533287.html

    There's a direct link to the FAQ page for SMS.

    Hope that helps,

    Vin
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > Wurm schrieb:
    > > "Stevan Tiefert" <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Hello newsgroup,
    > >>
    > >>I have problems getting the insignia in Porto D'oro 8. Chapter. I can
    > >>use Yoshi when I give him his wanted fruit. When I want to go to the
    > >>insignia I loose everytime Yoshi, because he don't likes water... I
    > >>tried several times to jump from the helicopter platform to the
    > >>platforms in the near of the insignia but I can not jump so far I need
    to!

    > >>Can somebody give me a hint how to get the insignia?
    > >>
    > >>With regards
    > >>Stevan
    > >

    > > www.gamefaqs.com
    > >

    > A very insufficient answer.
    >
    > Maybe you are out of topic?
    >
    > With regards
    > Stevan

    did you click on the link?

    try that next time first ok?
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "Vineet Gossain" <vin@xenon.Stanford.EDU> wrote in message
    > In article <42e7c5a9$0$29097$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net>,
    > Stevan Tiefert <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote:
    > >

    > >Wurm schrieb:
    > >> "Stevan Tiefert" <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote in message

    > >> www.gamefaqs.com
    > >>

    > >A very insufficient answer.
    > >
    > >Maybe you are out of topic?
    > >
    > >With regards
    > >Stevan
    >
    > I think what he meant was go to www.gamefaqs.com and look at a FAQ
    > (frequently asked questions) for SMS. There are lots of FAQs for the
    > game and they should be able to answer most questions you have about
    > the game. It's a very useful site to go to if you are stuck in a
    > game, especially a popular game like Mario Sunshine that has a ton of
    > FAQs.
    >
    > http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/533287.html
    >
    > There's a direct link to the FAQ page for SMS.
    >
    > Hope that helps,
    >
    > Vin

    yeah, thats what i meant, I've just told so many people to check out the
    site by now that im fed up with explaining it ;o). I figure the guy would
    have at least clicked on the link before complaining, its not like he took
    the time to type in "mario sunshine walkthrough" in google before coming to
    the NGs.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Wurm schrieb:

    > "Stevan Tiefert" <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote in message
    >

    >>Wurm schrieb:
    >>
    >>>"Stevan Tiefert" <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote in message

    > to!

    >>>www.gamefaqs.com
    >>>

    >>A very insufficient answer.
    >>
    >>Maybe you are out of topic?
    >>
    >>With regards
    >>Stevan
    >>

    > did you click on the link?
    >
    > try that next time first ok?

    Are you ill? I ask in complete sentences and you are only writing a
    stupid link to a very big Web-Site! What the hell are you thinking about
    that? On your next question I will write you to go to www.amisilly.com!
    :-)
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Wurm schrieb:

    > "Vineet Gossain" <vin@xenon.Stanford.EDU> wrote in message
    >
    >>In article <42e7c5a9$0$29097$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net>,
    >>Stevan Tiefert <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote:

    > to!

    >>>A very insufficient answer.
    >>>
    >>>Maybe you are out of topic?
    >>>
    >>>With regards
    >>>Stevan
    >>
    >>I think what he meant was go to www.gamefaqs.com and look at a FAQ
    >>(frequently asked questions) for SMS. There are lots of FAQs for the
    >>game and they should be able to answer most questions you have about
    >>the game. It's a very useful site to go to if you are stuck in a
    >>game, especially a popular game like Mario Sunshine that has a ton of
    >>FAQs.
    >>
    >>http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/533287.html
    >>
    >>There's a direct link to the FAQ page for SMS.
    >>
    >>Hope that helps,
    >>
    >>Vin
    >>

    > yeah, thats what i meant, I've just told so many people to check out the
    > site by now that im fed up with explaining it ;o). I figure the guy would
    > have at least clicked on the link before complaining, its not like he took
    > the time to type in "mario sunshine walkthrough" in google before coming to
    > the NGs.

    www.amisilly.com
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Jack (www.villagebbs.com) schrieb:
    > HELLO EVERYONE, I AM PLAYING SUPER MARIO BROS. AND I GET STUCK ON WORLD
    > 5-3. I NEED SOMEONE TO COME TO MY HOUSE AND PLEASE GET ME PAST THE PART
    > WITH ALL THE HOLES. I NEED TO FINSIH THIS GAME THIS WEEK SO IF YOU
    > COULD COME OVER BY 6PM TONIGHT THAT WOULD WORK, BUT NOT PAST 8PM
    > BECAUSE MOM SAYS NO.

    Give me our address and I will help you :-)
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > Jack (www.villagebbs.com) schrieb:
    > > HELLO EVERYONE, I AM PLAYING SUPER MARIO BROS. AND I GET STUCK ON WORLD
    > > 5-3. I NEED SOMEONE TO COME TO MY HOUSE AND PLEASE GET ME PAST THE PART
    > > WITH ALL THE HOLES. I NEED TO FINSIH THIS GAME THIS WEEK SO IF YOU
    > > COULD COME OVER BY 6PM TONIGHT THAT WOULD WORK, BUT NOT PAST 8PM
    > > BECAUSE MOM SAYS NO.
    > >

    > Give me our address and I will help you :-)

    ***swoooosh***
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    If I remember correctly, in this level you have to make Yoshi barf on
    the fish that are jumping around. This turns the fish into platforms,
    which you can use to reach whatever you want.

    Try all three colors of Yoshi barf (pink, orange, and purple! The color
    is determined by what fruit Yoshi ate last) on the fish. Each color
    makes the platforms do different things.

    I don't recall ever having to use Yoshi's barf-platforms for the rest
    of Super Mario Sunshine. But that's one more time than that useless
    spin jump.
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Wurm wrote:
    > "Stevan Tiefert" <stevan-tiefert@arcor.de> wrote in message
    >

    >>Jack (www.villagebbs.com) schrieb:
    >>
    >>>HELLO EVERYONE, I AM PLAYING SUPER MARIO BROS. AND I GET STUCK ON WORLD
    >>>5-3. I NEED SOMEONE TO COME TO MY HOUSE AND PLEASE GET ME PAST THE PART
    >>>WITH ALL THE HOLES. I NEED TO FINSIH THIS GAME THIS WEEK SO IF YOU
    >>>COULD COME OVER BY 6PM TONIGHT THAT WOULD WORK, BUT NOT PAST 8PM
    >>>BECAUSE MOM SAYS NO.
    >>>

    >>Give me our address and I will help you :-)
    >>

    > ***swoooosh***

    I love you too!
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    artie5@aol.com wrote:
    > If I remember correctly, in this level you have to make Yoshi barf on
    > the fish that are jumping around. This turns the fish into platforms,
    > which you can use to reach whatever you want.
    >
    > Try all three colors of Yoshi barf (pink, orange, and purple! The color
    > is determined by what fruit Yoshi ate last) on the fish. Each color
    > makes the platforms do different things.
    >

    > I don't recall ever having to use Yoshi's barf-platforms for the rest
    > of Super Mario Sunshine. But that's one more time than that useless
    > spin jump.

    Hello artie5@aol.com,

    I want to thank you for this hint. You were the only who had the ability
    to understand what I wanted and the right answer!

    Thank you!!!
    Stevan
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Wurm wrote:
    > "Jack (www.villagebbs.com)" <lupin3@planetjurai.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>HELLO EVERYONE, I AM PLAYING SUPER MARIO BROS. AND I GET STUCK ON WORLD
    >>5-3. I NEED SOMEONE TO COME TO MY HOUSE AND PLEASE GET ME PAST THE PART
    >>WITH ALL THE HOLES. I NEED TO FINSIH THIS GAME THIS WEEK SO IF YOU
    >>COULD COME OVER BY 6PM TONIGHT THAT WOULD WORK, BUT NOT PAST 8PM
    >>BECAUSE MOM SAYS NO.
    >>

    > HAHAHAHAHHAHA, good one
    >
    > itll prolly be completely over the OPs head though

    Lovely worm,

    artie5@aol.com had the answer I searched for.

    Is it so difficult for you to give a usable answer? Are you everytime
    answering with: www.gamefaqs.com?

    Does it means that you didn't knew the answer and you only wanted to
    play the guru of rec.games.video.nintendo? Or didn't you wanted to
    answer at all? Then I ask myself: "Why did he wrote a senseless posting?"

    In both cases you are not able to answer in a proper and useful way...
    You aren't helpful... and not useful...

    Bye
    Stevan

Console Gaming Video Games