no problem with GF4 ti boards.

G

Contrary to what was posted earlier by easygoeasycome, there is not a problem with GF4 ti boards from VisionTek. The problem he is referring to lies in the fact that certain Mobos have an incompatability with the GF4 MX boards. The GF4 MX boards pull too much current for a certain capacitor on certain mainboards. The MSI K7T266 is one of these boards. I know because I own one, and MSI has agrred to RMA the mobo in order to resolve the problem. As far as I know, this is the only problem with new GF4 boards, and it has nothing to do with the Video cards themselves.

Calash

Distinguished
May 2, 2002
This sounds like a very similar problem to mine. My board is a Biostar with a VIA K133 chipset. I guess I should get a new Mother board then.

Thanks for the info.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
If I were you I wouldn't just skip to conclusions. There are many other possible explanantions. Don't go out and buy a $100 mobo just because you "think" that it's the problem. Make certain what your problem is for sure before you spend your money. Unless of course you want to make an excuse to buy a new mobo.... :smile:

My firewall tastes like burning. :eek:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The R8500 currents suffers a similar problem from certain motherboards as well like the EPOX 8KHA+, so this isn't a new problem. It's faulty motherboards not graphics cards.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

Calash

Distinguished
May 2, 2002
Definetly not skipping. I have been working on this problem for a week with no luck. Tech support is near useless as they are only offering me level 1 support. And the post I put here got ignored, so I am about out of options. I am much more likely to return the card instead of getting a new board.

But I would really like a new one :)