Windows Media Player 10 Upgrade - Goof

Since I upgraded my Media Player 9.0 to 10.0, I have been unable to watch the
Yahoo news items http://news.yahoo.com/ (click on Audio/Visual button in
Yahoo 'task bar'.) When I click on a link, a message appears "Please wait

My guess is that the reinstall overrode some setting but I can't figure out
how to fix it. Anyone have a similar problem when upgrading their Media
Player software? Thank you for the help.
--
Sandy
2 answers Last reply

    You may have lost an important codec. You can locate a free mega codec
    dowload, which will give you most (if not all) of the widely used codecs.

    "ArubaSandy" <ArubaSandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Since I upgraded my Media Player 9.0 to 10.0, I have been unable to watch
    > the
    > Yahoo news items http://news.yahoo.com/ (click on Audio/Visual button in
    > Yahoo 'task bar'.) When I click on a link, a message appears "Please wait
    >
    > My guess is that the reinstall overrode some setting but I can't figure
    > out
    > how to fix it. Anyone have a similar problem when upgrading their Media
    > Player software? Thank you for the help.
    > --
    > Sandy

    Thank you, Yves. I will do some research on the missing codec you refer to.
    Sandy
    --
    Sandy

    "ArubaSandy" wrote:

    > Since I upgraded my Media Player 9.0 to 10.0, I have been unable to watch the
    > Yahoo news items http://news.yahoo.com/ (click on Audio/Visual button in
    > Yahoo 'task bar'.) When I click on a link, a message appears "Please wait
    >
    > My guess is that the reinstall overrode some setting but I can't figure out
    > how to fix it. Anyone have a similar problem when upgrading their Media
    > Player software? Thank you for the help.
    > --
    > Sandy

Yahoo Media Player Windows XP