attitude

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
where can i find good sielent cooling for my new msi gf4 4400? it has 4 holes in the pcb wich i suppose are meant for an alternative sink but where can i find it? there is also a std fan connector on the video card

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Did your MSI card not come with a fan? Or did you just find it loud? I think that most video card fans are a bit loud. I'd say a Blue Orb or a Crystal Orb would do nicely, but some reviews have said that the noise could be heard over the over fans in the system. They are quite cheap.

My firewall tastes like burning. :eek:

attitude

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
it has a fan but its too loud... i dont mind if i loose a pci slot are there not any cooling sulotions with bigger low rpm fans???

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
The thing is though, you could get big card coolers that are 180mm, but there would be no way to secure it to your video card. If you could find out how loud your fan is. The Crystal Orb produces about 28dba, but I've seen many fans that produce more than that. If you'd like to see a review <A HREF="http://www.mikhailtech.com/articles/cooling/crystalorb/" target="_new">Here's</A> a good review.

My firewall tastes like burning. :eek: