Can anyone identify this game?

Last response: in Video Games
August 1, 2005 9:23:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.misc (More info?)

The following link goes to a scanned picture of a Famicom game
cartridge (and circuit board).

http://www.geocities.com/chinsta00/game.jpg

1) what is the title of the game? (i can't read
chinese/japanese/korean/etc)

2) is there an english version available?

3) if i could find an english ROM, where is a recommended site to give
me information on substituting the replacement ROM?

TIA

More about : identify game

August 2, 2005 6:18:32 AM

chinsta00@hotmail.com wrote:
> The following link goes to a scanned picture of a Famicom game
> cartridge (and circuit board).
>
> http://www.geocities.com/chinsta00/game.jpg
>
> 1) what is the title of the game? (i can't read
> chinese/japanese/korean/etc)
>
> 2) is there an english version available?
>
> 3) if i could find an english ROM, where is a recommended site to give
> me information on substituting the replacement ROM?
>
> TIA

For some reason I keep thinking Romance of the 3 Kingdoms (for the
record, the logo is Japanese).

--
New version of an old favorite!
The Briefcase Fulla Rant!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.misc (More info?)

In article <YJAHe.191$9U3.163@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net>,
Relic <relic1980@ameritech.net> wrote:
>chinsta00@hotmail.com wrote:
>> The following link goes to a scanned picture of a Famicom game
>> cartridge (and circuit board).
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/chinsta00/game.jpg
>>
>> 1) what is the title of the game? (i can't read
>> chinese/japanese/korean/etc)
>>
>> 2) is there an english version available?
>>
>> 3) if i could find an english ROM, where is a recommended site to give
>> me information on substituting the replacement ROM?
>>
>For some reason I keep thinking Romance of the 3 Kingdoms (for the
>record, the logo is Japanese).

The silver part of the label at the top does indeed start with the
characters 'San Goku' to indicate some relation to the Three Kingdoms
saga. However, the lack of any kind of corporate logo on the label or on
any of the chips leads me to believe that this isn't an official cart.
However you slice it, you would have to provide screenshots in order to
properly identify the game.

There are two 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' games released for the NES
in the United States by Koei, so there's a good chance that this is the
Japanese equivalent of one of those games. They're relatively easy to find
at the kind of game shops that still sell retro stuff. Good hunting.

-KKC, up way too early to spell anything correctly.
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.misc (More info?)

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 02:49:13 -0500, kendrick@eris.io.com (Kendrick
Kerwin Chua) wrote:

>In article <YJAHe.191$9U3.163@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net>,
>Relic <relic1980@ameritech.net> wrote:
>>chinsta00@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> The following link goes to a scanned picture of a Famicom game
>>> cartridge (and circuit board).
>>>
>>> http://www.geocities.com/chinsta00/game.jpg
>>>
>>> 1) what is the title of the game? (i can't read
>>> chinese/japanese/korean/etc)
>>>
>>> 2) is there an english version available?
>>>
>>> 3) if i could find an english ROM, where is a recommended site to give
>>> me information on substituting the replacement ROM?
>>>
>>For some reason I keep thinking Romance of the 3 Kingdoms (for the
>>record, the logo is Japanese).
>
>The silver part of the label at the top does indeed start with the
>characters 'San Goku' to indicate some relation to the Three Kingdoms
>saga. However, the lack of any kind of corporate logo on the label or on
>any of the chips leads me to believe that this isn't an official cart.
>However you slice it, you would have to provide screenshots in order to
>properly identify the game.
>
>There are two 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' games released for the NES
>in the United States by Koei, so there's a good chance that this is the
>Japanese equivalent of one of those games. They're relatively easy to find
>at the kind of game shops that still sell retro stuff. Good hunting.

It's "Tenchi wo Kurau," a Capcom game that came out here as "Destiny
of an Emperor." That's definitely a pirate cart, though.

-lugnut
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 2:34:51 AM

chinsta00@hotmail.com writes:
> http://www.geocities.com/chinsta00/game.jpg
>
> 1) what is the title of the game? (i can't read
> chinese/japanese/korean/etc)

The top label is "Sankoku Gaiden" (三国外�, for your searching
pleasure).

The main label says "Tenchi wo kurau" (天地を喰ら�; "devour heaven"?),
which I gather is the name of the game.

-miles
--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
--Albert Einstein