Unable to delete a User Account in XP

Hello. I am able to create and delete User Accounts except for one bugger
that will not leave. The error message is that mshta.exe has a problem. I
have sent this error report to Microsoft but nothing as of yet. I have
cleaned the account to the best of my ability but it will not be deleted.
Every other account works fine. Please advise.

Alan Glover
3 answers Last reply
More about unable delete user account

    try deleting it from within Safe Mode

    "Alan Glover" <gloveshack@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    > Hello. I am able to create and delete User Accounts except for one bugger
    > that will not leave. The error message is that mshta.exe has a problem. I
    > have sent this error report to Microsoft but nothing as of yet. I have
    > cleaned the account to the best of my ability but it will not be deleted.
    > Every other account works fine. Please advise.
    >
    > Alan Glover

    It worked. I love you. I had assumed I had already tried that but I guess
    not. It took a while and froze on the first attempt but worked on a
    subsequent try. A big zit popped. Thanks very much. Do a victory lap of your
    computer space like I did. My son thought it hilarious.

    Cheers,

    Alan

    "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
    > try deleting it from within Safe Mode
    >
    > "Alan Glover" <gloveshack@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    >> Hello. I am able to create and delete User Accounts except for one bugger
    >> that will not leave. The error message is that mshta.exe has a problem. I
    >> have sent this error report to Microsoft but nothing as of yet. I have
    >> cleaned the account to the best of my ability but it will not be deleted.
    >> Every other account works fine. Please advise.
    >>
    >> Alan Glover

    Well done!! Victory lap and all. ;)

    > It worked. I love you. I had assumed I had already tried that but I guess
    > not. It took a while and froze on the first attempt but worked on a
    > subsequent try. A big zit popped. Thanks very much. Do a victory lap of
    > your computer space like I did. My son thought it hilarious.
    >

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Alan
    >

    > "lvee" <notmesothere@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> try deleting it from within Safe Mode
    >>
    >> "Alan Glover" <gloveshack@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    >>> Hello. I am able to create and delete User Accounts except for one
    >>> bugger that will not leave. The error message is that mshta.exe has a
    >>> problem. I have sent this error report to Microsoft but nothing as of
    >>> yet. I have cleaned the account to the best of my ability but it will
    >>> not be deleted. Every other account works fine. Please advise.
    >>>
    >>> Alan Glover

Microsoft Windows XP