Linksys WRT54GS and WRT54GS-CA

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 13, 2004 4:40:25 AM

Does anyone know what the difference is between the WRT54GS and WRT54GS-CA
models? I am guessing the -CA is a Canadian version of the product. I am
interested in modifying it with a Linux based distribution, but I am
concerned if I buy the -CA version there might be something different about
it. Bestbuy is advertising the -CA unit.

--
Matthew
June 15, 2004 2:23:44 PM

Yes, the -CA is the Canadian version (English and/or French), though I don't
know the hardware and/or firmware difference, if any between the -CA and
non-CA versions.

I got my WRT54G (not WRT54GS, not WRT54G-CA) here in Toronto, Canada, and I
recall the store where I bought it has both the regular WRT54G and the
Canadian version WRT54G-CA.

Regards,
James

!