Geforce4 Ti & AGP 1.0 - compatible?

G

I'm running a PIII 800 on an old VIA motherboard with an AGP 1.0 slot and I'm thinking of buying a Geforce4 Ti. Most card manufacturers (VisionTek, MSI, Gainward...) specify on their websites that thier Geforce 4 cards require at least an mobo with an AGP 2.0 specification. Does anyone know if they can work on AGP 1.0.

All I want for Christmas is and AMD.... Athlon XP..... A Geforce 3....

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Even if it would, why would you want to? It would be almost as bad as getting a PCI GF4 [shudders]. Best off upgrading the motherboard, or simply the entire computer.

I want to be your Opteron... Why don't you call my name - Peter Gabriel?

G

Some guy on the Tbreak.com forum said he managed to install a Ti 4600 on an AGP 1.0 specification mobo, only problem was that it got seriously hot. An extra fan did the trick apparently. Think that's possible. Of course, an upgrade is the best option!

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Oh god, please nobody try this at home. This stunt was done by a lunatic who doesnt care if he burns down his house.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

G

All replies are screaming UPGRADE! UPGRADE! UPGRADE! And it's about time I did. It'll also be better in the long run. Don't want to burn down no houses now do we?