My PC works on TV only !

G

I have a problem with my Geforce2 prolink ti and the tv-out.

When I start (power on) my PC there is nothing on the computer screen (black screen) and there is 3 BIOS beeps (1 short, 2 longs).
So, I change the graphic card and I put an another graphic card (ati 8MB rage pro) and it works perfectly.
And, I plug the prolink Geforce on an another PC but it is the same thing: black screen and 3 BIOS beep.
So, the problem comes from the Geforce2 prolink ti graphic card.

But when I plug my TV on the Geforce2 ti, my pc boot on my TV!
I can see the BIOS, and the windows boot, so everything work perfectly but only on my TV screen ! I want to return on my PC screen.
It seems that the vga signal of the Geforce2 ti does not work. But sometimes I can see on the PC screen a very bad picture, we see nothing but only a lot of lines.
If I connect the two cables (vga and TV) there is nothing (black screen and 3 BIOS beep, the same thing if the vga cable is alone), it works only when the TV cable is alone.

So, what is the problem ? I need help please, Thanks a lot.
(I'm french so excuse me if there are some language mistakes ! ;-) )

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
oh crap.

NEVER connect more than ONE output from a Geforce 2 or 3 card at a time. It CANNOT support two simultanious outputs and may cause harm to the card according to what an nVidia told me.

In your advanced graphics settings while your booted up on the monitor, there should be an option to change your output adapter, i know there's one on my GF4 at least...i cannot remember on my GF2...if you can find it while your on the tv..switch it to vga monitor output then shut down and reboot with the monitor plugged in.

Hope that works-(

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.

G

Where do I change the settings ? Under windows XP, or can I enter in the graphic card BIOS ?
I think that it is under windows XP and I switch to vga, I tried, tried and tried but nothing...
When you say "shutdown", I can't shutdown because my monitor shows anything but a lot of lines and colours, I see nothing when i switch. So I shutdown with the power button on the tower.
What about flashing the graphic card bios ?
The problem came from the software tvcc2000 (like tvtool), I used this freeware (during 2 months, no problem) to switch easily between vga and tv and when I wanted to return on the monitor, nothing (black screen), so I reset the PC and the problems have started...
Black screen and beeps, you know !
I wanted to write an email to prolink group and nvidia but they don't have tech. support !
Thanks a lot Williamc for your help, what do you think about this ?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I think i'd take a break and have lunch at the restaurant at the end of the universe.

After that...i'd completely rebuild my pc. I have no tolerance for insane issues like this in my computer... sounds to me like you managed to mess it up with 3rd party software. Your trying to make this waaaay too complicated. Try uninstalling your graphics card drivers and then mashing the power button and plugging in the monitor.

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.

G

I have two jumpers on it. One for select between quadro and geforce (what is the best ?) and one for ntsc/pal (for me it is pal in france) ?
How reset my graphic card ?

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
When I start (power on) my PC there is nothing on the computer screen (black screen) and there is 3 BIOS beeps (1 short, 2 longs).
:the comp dont recognize well your gc.

a simple thing is to unplug then replug your gc (maybe there is a shot-circuit or a bad contact; your geForce2 gc has certainly few years)

But when I plug my TV on the Geforce2 ti, my pc boot on my TV!
I can see the BIOS, and the windows boot, so everything work perfectly but only on my TV screen ! I want to return on my PC screen.
It seems that the vga signal of the Geforce2 ti does not work. But sometimes I can see on the PC screen a very bad picture, we see nothing but only a lot of lines.
If I connect the two cables (vga and TV) there is nothing (black screen and 3 BIOS beep, the same thing if the vga cable is alone), it works only when the TV cable is alone.
another thing is that maybe your gc memory is damage:

when you boot with the tv-out plugged, your comp works.
when you boot with the vga plugged, your comp dont work & you have even some beeps.
when you boot with both plugged then the primary output becomes your vga & another time, your comp dont work.

the problem is that you cant easily determine that the issue, here, is that a part of the gc memory is crashed (the part at least related to the screen display).
nevertheless you can try to change your screen resolution to the lowest one (to minimize the gc memory utilization during the vga gc test).

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
therefore your gc is out of order.

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...