Cant use cd-r with Microsoft Backup

Hello all, I am trying to backup my hard disk with microsoft backup. I
choose d:\ and specify a file name. When I go to start the backup, I get a
message box that says, backup Utility the backup file name could not be used,
D:\fsb.bkf (fsb bing the file name I am ussing standing for full system
backup), Please ensure it is a valid path, and that you have sufficient
access. I have checked and I am the administrator ( I am using windows xp
prof). Should I be using a cd-rw. I am trying to backup using d drive being
my cd burner/dvdrom using a cd r. Please help as I only seem to be able to
backup using floppys. As you can imagine I dont have hundreds of them to
use!!!
--
Bronstarr

Bronstarr wrote:
> Hello all, I am trying to backup my hard disk with microsoft backup.
> I choose d:\ and specify a file name. When I go to start the backup,
> I get a message box that says, backup Utility the backup file name
> could not be used, D:\fsb.bkf (fsb bing the file name I am ussing
> standing for full system backup), Please ensure it is a valid path,
> and that you have sufficient access. I have checked and I am the
> administrator ( I am using windows xp prof). Should I be using a
> cd-rw. I am trying to backup using d drive being my cd burner/dvdrom
> using a cd r. Please help as I only seem to be able to backup using
> floppys. As you can imagine I dont have hundreds of them to use!!!

Microsoft Backup does not support backing up directly to a CD-R drive. You can backup to a folder on the HDD and then burn that folder to a CD-R.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/