  • Nintendo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2005 10:16:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,cz.zamestnani.hledam (More info?)

I think they are history, Sony will buy them next year and then, they
are forced to program Mario games for the PS3 in the deep dungeons at
SONY's headquarters for the rest of their lives ...

RIP Nintendo !

More about : fate nintendo sealed

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 9:33:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,cz.zamestnani.hledam (More info?)

I think you're an idiot.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 5:51:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,cz.zamestnani.hledam (More info?)

Nope. Not gonna happen. You're retarded. Try again?
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 11:48:50 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,cz.zamestnani.hledam (More info?)

You have to admit though that if Nintendo fails with the revolution and
it "breaks" the company, then they may have to go the Sega route.

If there's any company that can rest on it's in-house software titles
it's Nintendo. Since Gamecube isn't the top-selling console right now,
arguably in third place, the mario-family games aren't in every home.
However, imagine if those same games were made for the PS/2 and
possibly the XBOX, Nintendo would have a much greater audience.

Perhaps they may have to take a page out of Sega's book and the poster
of this thread may be on the right track - albiet he's a troll.

For the record, I don't want to see this happen, but you do have to
consider the possibility.

cartoon.serial.killer@gmail.com wrote:
> Nope. Not gonna happen. You're retarded. Try again?
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 5:14:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,cz.zamestnani.hledam (More info?)

This grim possibility is indeed reinforced by some truth, but the
possibility of Nintendo becoming a third-party developer for Microsoft
and Sony just like Sega is out of the question. Iwata himself has said
that if Nintendo ever reaches the point where they won't be able to
develop hardware of any sort to host their franchises, then Nintendo's
just going to dissapear. I'm not neccesarily insulting Gerry because I
disagree with his viewpoints, they are legitimate. The reason I'm
insulting him is A.) His entire post is two sentences long. He doesn't
provide any sort of evidence to support his speculation whatsoever.
B.) His post isn't suggesting merely the possibility, it is more or
less mocking Nintendo. He has taken it upon himself to come all the way
to a NINTENDO discussion group to mock Nintendo and to even go as far
as declaring Nintendo's death. Granted, his 'Rest in Peace' two-word
sentence at the bottom could be regarded as considerate, but I think
Gerry's intent was far from legitimate, mockery even.
No offense to you, Llloyd? Sorry, I can't see the cutted address. Your
reply is very well laid out and addresses the topic at hand. I will be
completely willing to withdraw my comments towards Gerry if he would be
more willing to put slightly more effort into his post, which I'm sure
he will be more than willing to do.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 10:34:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,cz.zamestnani.hledam (More info?)

I agree that Gerry's post was nothing more than an effort to get a rise
out of everyone. Hell, it got us talking! :)

I don' t know if Nintendo would just disappear if their console
flopped. I don't fully understand Japanese culture so maybe this is
would be an action due to lost pride or honor. However, I think
Nintendo's a business and would do whatever it takes. I don't really
see a need for a console from Nintendo any longer. I would think they
lost money on the past two consoles, but made it up in sales.
However, I agree with their "fewer titles, better quality" mantra and I
think the Revolution is the next step in that logic. I think it's a
smart but ballsy move on their part to create something completely
different from the mainstream consoles. I think though that if it
fails their move to the other systems would be respectable and wanted
by their fans as opposed to their demise.

And again, in regards to Gerry, I agree with you - he's a tool.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 12:40:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,cz.zamestnani.hledam (More info?)

It's a common misconception that the n64 was a failure, it wasn't. The
Gamecube is hardly a failure either just in third place (by quite a
small margin).

usenet.lloydgm@choicemail1.com wrote:
> I agree that Gerry's post was nothing more than an effort to get a rise
> out of everyone. Hell, it got us talking! :)
>
> I don' t know if Nintendo would just disappear if their console
> flopped. I don't fully understand Japanese culture so maybe this is
> would be an action due to lost pride or honor. However, I think
> Nintendo's a business and would do whatever it takes. I don't really
> see a need for a console from Nintendo any longer. I would think they
> lost money on the past two consoles, but made it up in sales.
> However, I agree with their "fewer titles, better quality" mantra and I
> think the Revolution is the next step in that logic. I think it's a
> smart but ballsy move on their part to create something completely
> different from the mainstream consoles. I think though that if it
> fails their move to the other systems would be respectable and wanted
> by their fans as opposed to their demise.
>
> And again, in regards to Gerry, I agree with you - he's a tool.

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 2:41:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,cz.zamestnani.hledam (More info?)

I think I was misunderstood, when I said, "I would think they lost
money on the past two consoles, but made it up in sales", I wasn't
stating that either console was a failure. Instead I was meaning that
the past two Nintendo consoles were sold for cheaper than they were
manufactured (as is usually the case), but the games we're so good,
although few, that they made money in the long run. It was more a
tribute to their ability to make really great games - which supported
my argument that they could drop the Nintendo made consoles and just
make software for the Sony and Microsoft consoles, and I bet save a
good deal more money.

Sorry for the confusion.

greenyammo wrote:
> It's a common misconception that the n64 was a failure, it wasn't. The
> Gamecube is hardly a failure either just in third place (by quite a
> small margin).
>

> usenet.lloydgm@choicemail1.com wrote:
> > I agree that Gerry's post was nothing more than an effort to get a rise
> > out of everyone. Hell, it got us talking! :)
> >
> > I don' t know if Nintendo would just disappear if their console
> > flopped. I don't fully understand Japanese culture so maybe this is
> > would be an action due to lost pride or honor. However, I think
> > Nintendo's a business and would do whatever it takes. I don't really
> > see a need for a console from Nintendo any longer. I would think they
> > lost money on the past two consoles, but made it up in sales.
> > However, I agree with their "fewer titles, better quality" mantra and I
> > think the Revolution is the next step in that logic. I think it's a
> > smart but ballsy move on their part to create something completely
> > different from the mainstream consoles. I think though that if it
> > fails their move to the other systems would be respectable and wanted
> > by their fans as opposed to their demise.
> >
> > And again, in regards to Gerry, I agree with you - he's a tool.

September 19, 2006 9:44:34 AM

look, when the hell will be frozen tomorrow, than you could be right, but the hell will burn till the end of time, so it won't happen...
nintendo will overhelm all the others, because the games you PLAY will be FUN...
!