USB Drive Detected but not exploring

When I plug my USB Drive into some computers the USB Drive is detected but I
can't use explorer on it though or any other program to see the contents.
It works fine on other PC's
2 answers Last reply
More about drive detected exploring

    Correct.

    Depending on their configuration, some computers have a hard time dealing
    with removable drives. Sometimes the solution us to connect the USB drive
    directly to the USB port of the computer, instead of going through a hub,
    other times all you need to do is to try a different USB port. Sometimes you
    need to open Disk Management and assign the drive a letter (you may need to
    initialize it first).
    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "S2333" <S2333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I plug my USB Drive into some computers the USB Drive is detected but
    > can't use explorer on it though or any other program to see the contents.
    > It works fine on other PC's

    Hi ... When that happen try going into the devise manager area >>> start >>>
    control panel >>>system >>> hardware tab >>> devise manager , now notice
    your usb controllers area , its mostly likely open and if so ? See if you
    notice a little yellow exclamation mark by it , if so , right click on it
    and select delete , then highlight your computer name on the very top of the
    devise manager , select " Action " and then select " scan for hardware
    changes , at this point your compute should now notice your usb devise , by
    the way make sure when you are performing this that your usb devise is plug
    in , See if that helps

    "S2333" <S2333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I plug my USB Drive into some computers the USB Drive is detected but
    > can't use explorer on it though or any other program to see the contents.
    > It works fine on other PC's

Support Computers Microsoft USB Drive Windows XP