Nextel Blackberry or Sprint Treo?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
February 16, 2005 11:09:15 AM

I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work, etc...)
Currently use primarially a i530 and a Handspring Visor Pro, I'm not tied to
a palm unit.

I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
Sprint PCS offers.

Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate Grafiti
and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.

Thanks

Scot
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 11:14:19 PM

"Scot" <charlieaxat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
> PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work,
> etc...)
> Currently use primarially a i530 and a Handspring Visor Pro, I'm not tied
> a palm unit.
>
> I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
> Sprint PCS offers.
>
> Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
> cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate
> Grafiti
> and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.
>
> Thanks
>
> Scot

Scot,

Do you like the voice service with Nextel better than the voice service with
Sprint? Are you planning on keeping both? I use the Blackberry and
absolutly love it. It's great for typing and the instant email is always a
plus since I get about 30 to 40 emails per day it helps me respond to needs
and issues immediately. I find that I use the email service more than the
voice service. I've never tried the Plam Units so I cannot comment on them.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 8:21:31 PM

I have been using a Palm T3 as my PDA since they first came out and I
an not ready to give it up yet (1 Handspring and 1 Sony before that.)
However, I just got my Nextel Blackberry 7520 and I'm hooked. We link
with Groupwise using the Enterprise Server and having email on my belt
been a real improvment. I just ordered the larger battery and car
charger so I don't have to go back to the office as often.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:09:15 -0500, "Scot" <charlieaxat@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
>PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work, etc...)
>Currently use primarially a i530 and a Handspring Visor Pro, I'm not tied to
>a palm unit.
>
>I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
>Sprint PCS offers.
>
>Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
>cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate Grafiti
>and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.
>
>Thanks
>
>Scot

April 24, 2005 1:33:19 AM

J Hook,

Where did you order the larger battery from?

-Ron

"jHook" <jhook@inshore.com> wrote in message
>I have been using a Palm T3 as my PDA since they first came out and I
> an not ready to give it up yet (1 Handspring and 1 Sony before that.)
> However, I just got my Nextel Blackberry 7520 and I'm hooked. We link
> with Groupwise using the Enterprise Server and having email on my belt
> been a real improvment. I just ordered the larger battery and car
> charger so I don't have to go back to the office as often.
>
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:09:15 -0500, "Scot" <charlieaxat@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
>>PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work,
>>etc...)
>>Currently use primarially a i530 and a Handspring Visor Pro, I'm not tied
>>a palm unit.
>>
>>I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
>>Sprint PCS offers.
>>
>>Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
>>cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate
>>Grafiti
>>and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Scot

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:43:45 AM

I ordered it from Nextel.com, but I do not see it listed now. It
included the battery and 2 deeper backs (black and blue).

Jim

!