Nextel Blackberry or Sprint Treo?

I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work, etc...)
Currently use primarially a i530 and a Handspring Visor Pro, I'm not tied to
a palm unit.

I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
Sprint PCS offers.

Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate Grafiti
and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.

Thanks

Scot
4 answers Last reply
More about nextel blackberry sprint treo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "Scot" <charlieaxat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
    > PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work,
    > etc...)
    > Currently use primarially a i530 and a Handspring Visor Pro, I'm not tied
    > a palm unit.
    >
    > I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
    > Sprint PCS offers.
    >
    > Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
    > cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate
    > Grafiti
    > and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Scot

    Scot,

    Do you like the voice service with Nextel better than the voice service with
    Sprint? Are you planning on keeping both? I use the Blackberry and
    absolutly love it. It's great for typing and the instant email is always a
    plus since I get about 30 to 40 emails per day it helps me respond to needs
    and issues immediately. I find that I use the email service more than the
    voice service. I've never tried the Plam Units so I cannot comment on them.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I have been using a Palm T3 as my PDA since they first came out and I
    an not ready to give it up yet (1 Handspring and 1 Sony before that.)
    However, I just got my Nextel Blackberry 7520 and I'm hooked. We link
    with Groupwise using the Enterprise Server and having email on my belt
    been a real improvment. I just ordered the larger battery and car
    charger so I don't have to go back to the office as often.

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:09:15 -0500, "Scot" <charlieaxat@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
    >PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work, etc...)
    >Currently use primarially a i530 and a Handspring Visor Pro, I'm not tied to
    >a palm unit.
    >
    >I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
    >Sprint PCS offers.
    >
    >Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
    >cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate Grafiti
    >and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Scot

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    J Hook,

    Where did you order the larger battery from?

    -Ron

    "jHook" <jhook@inshore.com> wrote in message
    >I have been using a Palm T3 as my PDA since they first came out and I
    > an not ready to give it up yet (1 Handspring and 1 Sony before that.)
    > However, I just got my Nextel Blackberry 7520 and I'm hooked. We link
    > with Groupwise using the Enterprise Server and having email on my belt
    > been a real improvment. I just ordered the larger battery and car
    > charger so I don't have to go back to the office as often.
    >
    > On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:09:15 -0500, "Scot" <charlieaxat@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
    >>PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work,
    >>etc...)
    >>Currently use primarially a i530 and a Handspring Visor Pro, I'm not tied
    >>a palm unit.
    >>
    >>I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
    >>Sprint PCS offers.
    >>
    >>Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
    >>cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate
    >>Grafiti
    >>and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Scot

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I ordered it from Nextel.com, but I do not see it listed now. It
    included the battery and 2 deeper backs (black and blue).

    Jim

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 21:33:19 GMT, "Gallon Family"
    <gallonfmly@verizon.net> wrote:

    >J Hook,
    >
    >Where did you order the larger battery from?
    >
    >-Ron
    >
    >"jHook" <jhook@inshore.com> wrote in message
    >>I have been using a Palm T3 as my PDA since they first came out and I
    >> an not ready to give it up yet (1 Handspring and 1 Sony before that.)
    >> However, I just got my Nextel Blackberry 7520 and I'm hooked. We link
    >> with Groupwise using the Enterprise Server and having email on my belt
    >> been a real improvment. I just ordered the larger battery and car
    >> charger so I don't have to go back to the office as often.
    >>
    >> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:09:15 -0500, "Scot" <charlieaxat@hotmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
    >>>PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work,
    >>>etc...)
    >>>Currently use primarially a i530 and a Handspring Visor Pro, I'm not tied
    >>>a palm unit.
    >>>
    >>>I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
    >>>Sprint PCS offers.
    >>>
    >>>Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
    >>>cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate
    >>>Grafiti
    >>>and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Scot

Nextel Sprint PCS BlackBerry Internet Service Providers