wanted : replacement pads for nes and snes controllers

Does anyone know where I can find replacements for the little rubber
pads that sit beneath the dpad and buttons?

I'd like to extend the life of my original controllers.

thx

<richard.j.childress@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I can find replacements for the little rubber
> pads that sit beneath the dpad and buttons?
>
> I'd like to extend the life of my original controllers.
>
> thx

Ebay is your best bet. Just buy some new pads they are extremely cheap and
easy to find on Ebay.

Open up your pad, clean it out completely, use Isopropyl alcohol for
the pads and on the PCB connector. I have cleaned about 30 and
everyone except 1 worked perfect afterwards. If they still don't work,
get some double-sided tape, aluminum foil, and a paper punch. Put the
tape on the aluminum foil, paper punch, apply on cleaned pads.

Corey
8-Bit Classics

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:46:28 +0100, "Lorfarius"
<asdkeithNOSPAM@PLEASEhotmail.com> wrote:

><richard.j.childress@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know where I can find replacements for the little rubber
>> pads that sit beneath the dpad and buttons?
>>
>> I'd like to extend the life of my original controllers.
>>
>> thx
>>

>Ebay is your best bet. Just buy some new pads they are extremely cheap and
>easy to find on Ebay.

> Put the tape on the aluminum foil, paper punch, apply on cleaned pads.

Huh?

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:26:38 -0700, MrBiggles <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> Put the tape on the aluminum foil, paper punch, apply on cleaned pads.
>
>Huh?

After years of use, they loose their conductivity, you can use double
stick tape, put it on Aluminum foil, paper punch out circles, and
apply them to the disks inside the controller. Make sure it is very
good double stick tape. You can also use certain glue.