What causes an SNES RPG save to get erased?

Is it that the system is getting old (sometimes I have to turn the power on
and off just to get it going)? Or is it the battery inside the cartridge?

"Swelter Weight" <drok@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it that the system is getting old (sometimes I have to turn the power
> on
> and off just to get it going)? Or is it the battery inside the cartridge?

Its usually the battery. Some have a life of approx 10 years (though the
official line was always 5).

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:17:11 +0100, "Lorfarius"
<asdkeithNOSPAM@PLEASEhotmail.com> wrote:

>Its usually the battery. Some have a life of approx 10 years (though the
>official line was always 5).

Depends on how the cart was handled. My gold edition Zelda that I
first got way back in 1987 is still holding data almost 20 years
later.

If the save games keeps dissapearing the battery is probably dead.
Also abuses like repeatedly turning the system on/off will scramble
the save data and turn up as empty.

Impmon wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:17:11 +0100, "Lorfarius"
> <asdkeithNOSPAM@PLEASEhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Its usually the battery. Some have a life of approx 10 years (though the
>> official line was always 5).
>
> Depends on how the cart was handled. My gold edition Zelda that I
> first got way back in 1987 is still holding data almost 20 years
> later.
>
> If the save games keeps dissapearing the battery is probably dead.
> Also abuses like repeatedly turning the system on/off will scramble
> the save data and turn up as empty.

They seem to only disappear when I have to really try to get the game to
load. So it could actually be the SNES system itself that's causing the
erased saves (regardless of whether the battery is dying or not)?

Thanks.

"Swelter Weight" <drok@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Is it that the system is getting old (sometimes I have to turn the power on
and off just to get it going)? Or is it the battery inside the cartridge?

Some games have a battery inside, and when it runs down the game will not
save.

"oldfogie" <oldfogie@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

"Swelter Weight" <drok@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Is it that the system is getting old (sometimes I have to turn the power on
and off just to get it going)? Or is it the battery inside the cartridge?

Some games have a battery inside, and when it runs down the game will not
save.

I swear there was no replies when I posted my reply, but soon as I sent it
three answers popped up! Good ole Outlook Express I guess>

TRENDING THREADS