Change startup sound

Can I change the sound played at bootup on a GX200, Win98SE? I have the
sound of a TV tube being smashed and considerit more suitable than the
default John Williamsy strings. TIA.
3 answers Last reply
More about change startup sound

    This has nothing to do with Dell. Open Control Panel and go to the Sounds
    applet. Among the tabs you'll find the one that matches sounds with a large
    number of events.
    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can I change the sound played at bootup on a GX200, Win98SE? I have the
    > sound of a TV tube being smashed and considerit more suitable than the
    > default John Williamsy strings. TIA.

    Thanks. Much better.
    > This has nothing to do with Dell. Open Control Panel and go to the Sounds
    > applet. Among the tabs you'll find the one that matches sounds with a
    large
    > number of events.
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."
    >
    > "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Can I change the sound played at bootup on a GX200, Win98SE? I have the
    > > sound of a TV tube being smashed and considerit more suitable than the
    > > default John Williamsy strings. TIA.

    I should add that you can create complete sound themes for your computer.
    Use the same Control Panel applet, select a set of sounds, and save the
    collection under whatever name you choose. You can have as many sound themes
    as you like. Enjoy!

    --

    > Thanks. Much better.
    > > This has nothing to do with Dell. Open Control Panel and go to the
    Sounds
    > > applet. Among the tabs you'll find the one that matches sounds with a
    > large
    > > number of events.
    > > --
    > > Ted Zieglar
    > > "You can do it if you try."
    > >
    > > "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Can I change the sound played at bootup on a GX200, Win98SE? I have
    the
    > > > sound of a TV tube being smashed and considerit more suitable than the
    > > > default John Williamsy strings. TIA.

Dell Default TV Computers