Change startup sound

Last response: in Computer Brands
July 19, 2005 5:02:22 PM

Can I change the sound played at bootup on a GX200, Win98SE? I have the
sound of a TV tube being smashed and considerit more suitable than the
default John Williamsy strings. TIA.

More about : change startup sound

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 5:02:23 PM

This has nothing to do with Dell. Open Control Panel and go to the Sounds
applet. Among the tabs you'll find the one that matches sounds with a large
number of events.
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
news:D bitku$p6h$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Can I change the sound played at bootup on a GX200, Win98SE? I have the
> sound of a TV tube being smashed and considerit more suitable than the
> default John Williamsy strings. TIA.

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 7:28:08 PM

Thanks. Much better.
> This has nothing to do with Dell. Open Control Panel and go to the Sounds
> applet. Among the tabs you'll find the one that matches sounds with a
large
> number of events.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@nospamatgmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D bitku$p6h$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> > Can I change the sound played at bootup on a GX200, Win98SE? I have the
> > sound of a TV tube being smashed and considerit more suitable than the
> > default John Williamsy strings. TIA.

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 7:28:09 PM

I should add that you can create complete sound themes for your computer.
Use the same Control Panel applet, select a set of sounds, and save the
collection under whatever name you choose. You can have as many sound themes
as you like. Enjoy!

--

news:D bj667$c8i$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

!