Recommendations on Anti-Virus

Hello,

I am looking to install a new Anti-Virus suite on my PC's and am wondering what is recommended. I currently have McAfee Total Protection 2009 which has expired. I am leaning tword Avast Internet Security, but want some professional input before I make the jump. I am also open to other suggestions.

Thanks!
11 answers Last reply
More about recommendations anti virus
  1. try Microsoft Security Essentials (its free!)
  2. I use Panda Cloud AV. It has a free edition, it's really lightweight on system resources, and it uses cloud-based analysis for excellent detection rates. MS Security Essentials is very good as well. Just make sure you turn on Windows Firewall and Windows Defender, as neither of the AV programs I mentioned first is a full security suite.
  3. I've always been a big fan of AVG...
    its small, lightweight and works well w/ others
  4. I agree with jefe323. I have been very satisfied with microsoft security essentials.
    It's free.
    It is entirely unobtrusive.
    It takes very few resources.
    It has a very fast scanner.
  5. Free:Avira
    Paid:Kaspesky IS 2010
  6. +1 for Avira Free!
    2nd opinion MSE
  7. All of my PCs use either Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials. Either one are good choices.
  8. I'm with jefe323 on this one. Microsoft Security Essentials is a great free anti-virus program (and, it's free so you don't have anything to lose :)). There is also a whole sticky RE: virus protection written by The_Prophecy that is well worth a read through - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/7754-63-guide-preventing-viruses-spyware

Cheers,
    Cassandra
    Microsoft Windows Outreach
  9. I use Avast with no problemos. Didn't think you'd go against Microsoft Cassandra, you little devil.
  10. I think there's some financial incentive in it for her. :p
  11. the two best with detection rates, which are, obviously not free, are icarus and trustport
    bullguard is also nice

Heres to back up my opinion:
    http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/rap-index.xml
Ask a new question

Read More

Security McAfee Internet Security Antivirus Windows 7