That controller is a joke!

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2005 6:16:09 PM

Were my first impressions, utter confusion and a bit of anger actually -
Oh no Nintendo's cocked up, they're done for etc.

I now think it's a work of genius in so many ways - mainly that you can
tip the controller on it's side and use it like an old style nes pad.

But the real clincher has to go with the design - it's so odd and so
daring that I was thinking that if the control is in fact that good for
playing games, I mean that much more subtle, intuitive etc. then
Sony/microsoft etc are placed in a very difficult position, that of
playing catch up. They will have to decide whether or not to mimick the
controller which puts them in a substantially weaker position then they
are in right now - it's going to be a tough call for and I don't envy
them one bit. After all the Playstation 3 controller is awful looking
anyway.

And despite what you might think of the design I can't imagine anybody
apart from passionate Nintendo haters not wanting to at least try it
becuase it looks so intriguing, and if it is indeed THAT good to play as
soon as anybody touches one they might well be converted.

More about : controller joke

November 13, 2005 3:39:50 PM

You know... Come to think of it, the keyboard/mouse is the craziest controller I've ever seen...

But the pros don't seem to care. =)
September 19, 2006 9:24:15 AM

the controler is no joke, it's amazing... its revolution, not evolution...

p.s.:the controler of ps3 looks just the same as the one of ps2, it's nothing new
Related resources
September 20, 2006 4:49:39 PM

Quote:
the controler is no joke, it's amazing... its revolution, not evolution...

ummmmm it's called the "Wii" now, it's been called that fpr a few months now
February 23, 2007 12:20:43 PM

tribal stop bringing back old topics from 2005 x_X
!