Anyone worried about how NR control will be unideal for ha..

The two issues that would spring to mind immediately, would be the
resultant hassle from constantly having to buy batteries, and the
fatigue that would result from waving an unergonomic remote for several
hours. Amusingly, if NR succeeds, you might be able to immediately
identify an NR owner on the street by his or her overdeveloped forearms.

Actually, if you read the reports, the controller is highly sensitive
and you can just sit in in your lap(or run it like a rez vibrator =P)
and twitch it right to left. Unfortunately, it's quite likely this will
involve a wrist movement, and hence, Carpal Tunnel will result.

Well at least we'd all get fitter waving our arms around.

Carpel tunnel you get from small incremental movements (like typing or
button pressing) not large broad movements. People who use old heavy
typwriters, ones that you actually have to slam the keys down to write,
suffer much less than people who use computer keyboards of mice.

Instrume@gmail.com wrote:

> By the way, CARPAL TUNNEL ANYONE?

wjm

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2004

Unideal?

Hmmm...your post is ungreat.

The controller looks unique and the proof will be whether it adds anything
significant to the enjoyment of games. Otherwise, it will be unperfect.

<Instrume@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The two issues that would spring to mind immediately, would be the
> resultant hassle from constantly having to buy batteries, and the
> fatigue that would result from waving an unergonomic remote for several
> hours. Amusingly, if NR succeeds, you might be able to immediately
> identify an NR owner on the street by his or her overdeveloped forearms.

The fear is that it's a gimmick. Also, some effort has to be put into
control schemes to avoid excessive stress and strain.

Gyroscopic = directional control.

Control Pad = 4-8 extra buttons

Large button = 1 extra button

Trigger = 1 extra button.

10 non directional buttons, v PS2?

4 control buttons, 4 shoulder buttons.

Shouldn't be too tough to port games, with the proper modifications to
the control scheme.

tribal

Distinguished
May 13, 2004
the controller won't weigh a ton so you don't have to be worried about getting a forearm like a tree...
and how long do you watch tv on day?