Revolution to offer old NES, SNES & N64 games..

Last response: in Video Games
September 20, 2005 5:57:55 PM

That's great, and the main reason why I will be buying Revolution and
not an XBOX 360 (while I patiently wait for the price of a PS3 to come
down at least $100)

But...I think they have claimed 'virtually all games', will this
include all the NES versions of Tecmo Bowl and more importantly, will I
be able to get a Punch-Out WITH Mike Tyson intact??

STRATEGY
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 12:40:19 AM

In my opinion, Nintendo is probably going to release "virtually all" of
*it's* games.

Nintendo would probably release "virtually all" of the games made for
it's consoles on the Revolution the day MTV releases episodes of Beavis
and Butthead on DVD with all the music video-watching intact: There are
too many people to pay off before you could actually do it.
It raises all sorts of questions, like should they be able to release
Goldeneye for N64 now that Rare is owned by Microsoft? What about
games made by defunct companies?

Does anybody know the legalities when a company makes a game for a
Nintendo system? Does Nintendo own any part of the game?

Either way, a ton of popular NES and Super NES games have already been
released for GameBoy Advance.

I wonder if the Revolution will have any of Nintendo's portable games
available for download.
September 21, 2005 2:36:30 AM

there is a list of old games already made for the revolution.
it includes golden eye and perfect dark.
it was released some months ago, and it had like 200 games.

it would be great to make all of the virtual console games to work with
the remote controller by combinations of moves and tilts, like for snes
tiliting the controler would be like using the dpad, and using the dpad
like using the abxy buttons, and tilting the controller in the vertical
axis to be like r or l.
and even tougth for those games to have online gaming. it would be an
even smarter move for nintentdo and that would make the console quasi
perfect. and a must have for everyone. or at least a must play.
they may be even n64 games made for that buttonless controler even
without the joystick addon.
November 13, 2005 3:43:44 PM

All I want is a lagless Perfect Dark, and all my NES games preserved forever. =)

And I suppose in another ten years I'll also want all my N64 games preserved too... They still work perfectly for now though.
!