Hercules 3D Prophet II

framar

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2002
Hi all,

I got an old graphic card: Hercules 3D prophet II MX2-32mb PCI. I plug it in mom's old Shuttle HOT569 MB.

I was able to boot and reboot the system a couple of time and a week later the system cannot boot at all... nothing !!! I change the video card for the older one (ATI rage II) and everything was running ... Then I rechanged the video card for the 3D prophet II and system was booting... A couple of days after, same thing, the system didn't boot at all...

Can anybody tell me what is wrong !?!

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
System rejection of a forign part? Try anti-resistance drugs. :wink:

Make sure the card isn't getting loose in the PC. Maybe try putting it in a different slot.

I don't need an anti-virus program, I just boil my computer once a week.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
I change the video card for the older one (ATI rage II) and everything was running ...
yes, but how many times?

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...

FiberTech

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2001
How fast is the processor you are using? I ran into something similar trying to use a GF2MX400 AGP on an older MB with a K6-2 266 processor. The graphics card was too fast for the rest of the system. It would crash, lock up and finally refused to boot at all. But if I put an older card (Viper II) in it, it worked fine. Might just be too much club for the shot.

<b>Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.</b>