GregF

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

So I have winXP PC, only a year or so old, and now it won't boot all
the way. Some think it's overheating, temp says 83, it's a AMD Athlon
XP.
The first screen comes up saying it found all 4 hard drives and lists
them in order, then the next screen says Scan Devices
Serial_CH0 Master : No Device
Serial_CH1 Master : No Device

it then flashes to another screen very quickly where at the bottom it
says Verifying DMI Pool Data.... and then it starts all over again.
I can make arrangements to get the thing cooling off better if that's
the issue, but my concern is, what do I do now to get it to boot at all?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It sounds a bit old to have SATA but is that what the Serial_CH0 : No Device
etc referring to. Do you have PATA drives that are listed as the "4 hard
drives" you mention and should the first one of those have the OS. You may
need to give more info on that score. (motherboard, exact processor, memory
config etc)
Was anything changed prior to the problem.??
It looks like its just loading the BIOS and no OS at all.
Have you tried starting in safemode.

Neil