stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I got a clone P4 about 2 years old. It has never had a problem till now.
The pc runs Xp Pro within a domain. It seems to go through a normal post,
you get to the log on screen, enter the username & password (both for local
and domain accts) and the computer reboots.
I have removed the system battery, run sytem restore replaced RAM, I even
formatted the drive and ghosted an original image on the hard disk like it
came out of the box. I can log on and use all resources in safe mode, I was
wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do next? Thank

Safe mode success when normal boot not functioning indicates driver
problem(s) (99% of the time) - First order would be to use msconfig to check
startup items - another option is to turn off automatic restart at system
failure - My computer>Properties>Advanced>Startup and recovery
settings>Under system failure clear automatically restart choice - you
should get an error dialogue message pertaining to the failure to boot. If
problem occurred after a program installation system restore would be a
viable option.