Craig

Hi,

First of all thanks for reading this - I'm sure you've heard this question
being asked a million times but I have tried most of the solutions from other
posts and nothing has helped me.

Most of my program icons are missing. Instead, they are replaced by a white
icon with a black window in the middle. Even new programs have the default
windows icon when they are installed. The only way of recovering it is by
manually choosing icons for each program.

I have tried TweakUI's rebuild icons tool but it didn't work... sadly :-(

Any sort of help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Craig

Case history - had same problem - icons usually "provided by" Windows
Installer and located in Windows sub-folder titled "Installer" (Hidden
protected OS folder). Resolved problem (twice) by being able to copy
installer entries from another computer that had same programs. There is a
"fix" listed in the Microsoft Knowledge database - sorry not more specific