Please help. Trouble with Detonator driver

jy88888888

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
Hi,
Sometimes when I boot up, there is no display from the monitor. I think it is a driver problem. I have a 3D Blaster GF3 Ti200. Do I need to remove the driver that was installed from the CD first before installing the Detonator driver? If I was to format my hard drive and reinstall the graphics card, is the Detonator driver all I need?
Thanks

AMD VS INTEL - AMD anyday

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Yes, if you want to reformat, all you need for the graphics card is the Detonator Driver. Heres how that works, when you have a GeForce card installed, but no drivers, it uses the standard svga or vga drive from windows to give you a basic display but without 3d capability.

Question, by when you boot, do you mean after windows comes up, or that you dont even see the POST screen, you know where it shows like how much RAM you have and your processor speed and gives the option to go into bios setup... If you dont even see the POST screen sometimes, then you need to check your monitor connection cables and make sure the monitor isnt the problem, if its not then check and make sure your graphics card is properly and fully inserted into the agp slot and that the agp slot isnt loose...

Another thing to check is make sure the refresh rate and resolution you have selected in the nvidia drivers is compatbile with your monitor.

Good Luck.

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.