Desktop shortcut problem

I am having trouble when I click on a desktop shortcut. The shortcut icons
won't take me to the sites that they are designated. I can get to those sites
through internet explorer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ras

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003

For whatever reason your shortcuts may have become corrupt or the links to
the webpage changed. Try this: Delete one of your shortcuts, then go to
the webpage that you want to have a shortcut to. Click on File |
Send....................Shortcut to Desktop. Close the webpage and try your
new shortcut. Now does it work?

"ftgjr" <ftgjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble when I click on a desktop shortcut. The shortcut icons
> won't take me to the sites that they are designated. I can get to those
> sites
> through internet explorer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Start, Run and type

regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll

If that does not help, open Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs applet, and
choose Set Program Access and Defaults button. [ Alternately, click Start,
Run and type control appwiz.cpl,,3 ]
Click the Custom button once. From the list that appears, select Internet
Explorer and then click the OK button.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User