HokieESM

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2002
Does anyone have any experience with the Gigabyte GeForce 3? Its the standard (not a TiXXX) version... and I've gotten a good price from a local store... and I was wondering if it was worth picking up. (I'm not too keen on spending $300 on a GF4 Ti4600). Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

HokieESM

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2002
Its on sale for $90... full retail box. I'm building myself a simple machine for some of my work (I do a lot of computational mechanics)... and I'm trying to spend my money where it counts (which for me, is mostly the RAM... all 2GB worth). Any recommendations for a card $150 and lower? (I've also considered an ATI 8500LE.) I don't play very many games.... but the capability would be nice. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Well if you don't play that many games and your not a full on serious gamer I personally think that this card should be a good investment especially for $90. It will run all current games great, perhaps its not going to be the best for UT2003 (Due out very soon) and the next generation games that follow... But it should cope

Tim

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al

LED

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
I agree w/ stiffler. Thats a good deal. Performance wise, the geforce3 falls between both Ge3 Ti models. Go for it.

I sold my sig for $50.