Right-Clicking Any Quick Launch Bar Icon Causes Freeze/Hang

Hello,

I finally got around to installing SP2 and all the other updates that came
before and after it.

Everything appeared to be fine except now whenever I right-click an icon in
the Quick Launch bar, windows hangs. Some already open programs will still
function but when I close them I can still see them. The task-bar remains
visible and when I hover the mouse over it I get the hour glass cursor. I
have to use control-alt-delete to reboot because I cannot access the start
menu.

Never had a problem with the quick launch bar before SP2. Any ideas???

Thanks
Peter
1 answer Last reply
More about right clicking quick launch icon freeze hang

    Right click crashes Explorer.exe after installing Windows XP SP2?:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/208.htm#4

    Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Peter R" <Peter R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I finally got around to installing SP2 and all the other updates that came
    > before and after it.
    >
    > Everything appeared to be fine except now whenever I right-click an icon
    > in
    > the Quick Launch bar, windows hangs. Some already open programs will still
    > function but when I close them I can still see them. The task-bar remains
    > visible and when I hover the mouse over it I get the hour glass cursor. I
    > have to use control-alt-delete to reboot because I cannot access the start
    > menu.
    >
    > Never had a problem with the quick launch bar before SP2. Any ideas???
    >
    > Thanks
    > Peter

Support Microsoft Quick Launch Windows XP