Deleting Folder

Hi, I seem to have a problem with deleting a file/foler. When I try and
delete it, it says "Cannot Delete ShellExt...bla bla...May be currently in
use or write-protected..bla" I'm pretty sure it's being used when my
computer starts up, but I can't seem to find the startup item that's using
it.. Anyone know a way to help me find it?
1 answer Last reply
More about deleting folder

    Hi Hobo_man,

    Delete from Safe Mode Command Prompt mode.

    http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php

    You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081

    How to Remove Files with Reserved Names in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315226

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Hobo_man" <Hoboman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I seem to have a problem with deleting a file/foler. When I try and
    > delete it, it says "Cannot Delete ShellExt...bla bla...May be currently in
    > use or write-protected..bla" I'm pretty sure it's being used when my
    > computer starts up, but I can't seem to find the startup item that's using
    > it.. Anyone know a way to help me find it?

Microsoft Windows XP