Wheel controllers

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a Saitek X36 Joystick/Throttle combo, and I love it to death. It is not ideal for playing race games though, but I don't have enought desktop space to get a full-blown wheel (as much fun as that could be:)

I've seen about a year ago reviews and ads for little gimmicks, resembling radio-control car thingies, which are held in one hand (usually left) like a gun, they have a trigger which you use for acceleration, and a wheel about 1 to 2 inches on the side of it which you turn with your right hand.

This seems like it could suit me well, but I haven't seen any of them for sale or online in the last year.
Does anybody have any recommendations as to what I should look for (either characteristics, or company/model), and where I could buy them (I'm in Toronto, so Canadian local shop or Canadian online retailers are preferable, though the US ones will work in a clinch).

Thanx, and if I totally confused you with my description, let me know, I'll try to clear it up :) :smile:

G

Those little devices have the potential to revoloutinise gameplay, they work on all axis at once, so you can run backwards, swivel look up and shoot all at the same time, We had them at work for a short time but Ive never seen them again, I have a friend who invented one, and got it working and they are just great, If you see one grab it

So long and thanks for all the fish :smile:

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
nah, I don't think we're talking about the same thing... what I'm looking for isn't for FPS, but for race games primarily -- just a little, one inch or so wheel that goes left or right, plus controls for acceleration etc... I play FPS with trackball and keyboard just fine:)