Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • BIOS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2002 12:56:33 AM

Could someone please tell me exactly what the agp aperture size(in the bios) is/does...

More about : agp aperture size

May 20, 2002 1:04:44 AM

It lets your video card use system RAM. A setting of 64MB or 128MB is enough. You shouldn't use 256MB.
May 20, 2002 1:26:35 AM

Oh.... so that's what it does. By increasing the AGP aperature, could it improve performance? I think mine is at either 32MB or 64MB. Also if you set it to 128MB, does it actually take up that much from your sys? I only have 256MB of RAM, so I'm kinda reluctant to do that.

My firewall tastes like burning. :eek: 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2002 1:34:14 AM

Thats what i thought, I recently had to rip out a 256 meg stick of ram from my machine and now have to run with only 256, I've been noticing a very definate difference in games, i tried setting the aperture size to 128 but didnt notice much of a difference. Also i've just built a couple of machines based around the asus a7n266 board and in the bios there are two settings one for the onboard gpu memory size(since its intergrated) and another for the agp aperture size. Is the aperture size redundant whilst using the intergrated gpu or does it set aside even more memory for the card(since the mx setting is 32 for the first setting).
May 20, 2002 2:23:46 AM

It's the max memory the vid card can use...if it's not being used by it, it can be used by something else.

Sig of the week.