Telicus

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001
I just got an xbox I went to buy a dvd player was planing on spending within about $180 and thought "why not just get an x box" I usuly do a lot of research on anything electronic before I buy it but hey it is a microsoft product am I right? "LOL that dosnt say much" anyway I see that I can only play 1 dvd's the dvd has to have a globe with a 1 around it witch prob means it is a 1st generation dvd. I went in to a local adult store and all the moves had said they were non regenal well most. So will they just not play or what when I go to blockbuster they all have it but I would like to play all dvd's can I? Has anyone had any trouble.

"yes I know my enemy they are the teachers that taught me to hate me"

Palpatine

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
There are 6 categories or Regions in DVDs. Each region represents a different geographical location (1 is USA, 2 is Europe etc). Some DVD players have a special protection and play DVDs only from one Region (usually DVD players sold in Europe play only region 2 etc.). You can find what region your Xbox supports in the manual. You can see what region a DVDs is from the back of the case (it is the globe with a number in it). From what you wrote you XBox plays only region 1 so when you go to your DVD store next time make sure all your DVDs you buy/rent are region 1.

Naval aircaft don't land, they crash under controlled conditions...