Can I do this? Dual montior support....

KevinGuy

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2001
Ok here is the question, currently I have a Leadtek Geforce 3 TI 200.(I want to keep using this for games and such) This card does not support dual monitors. If I were to get a PCI Video card with TV-Out and I hooked it up to my TV, Would I be able to serf the web and watch some DVD movies at the same time through my computer? Also how would this setup work? Would there be any conflicts at all? Anyone have experience with this? I am mostly wanting to turn my computer into part of my home entertainment system. If this is possible to do, what PCI Video Card would you suggest? Or maybe another card?

Thanks for any comments, questions or suggestions...

--Kevin

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Write a letter to MaximumPC's technical Q&A. <A HREF="http://www.maximumpc.com" target="_new">http://www.maximumpc.com</A>

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

BaSoMaTiC

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2001
I'm still working on getting two Geforces in one system to work (1x GF3 TI500 AGP & 1x GF2 MX PCI) but for some reason Win2K doesnt like it and hangs at startup - even after a complete reinstall. Windows 98 worked fine with the same configuration though. Could be some detonator driver issue but I'm still searching... I'd rather have some Geforce 4 with normal dual outputs but I could not find any yet. Anyone seen any?

Peace!

Success is basically nothing but overcoming the fear of faillure.

10Mhz8086

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
I had a Gainward GF2MX400 w/VIVO, it had two CRT ports on it and I was able to watch DIVX videos on one monitor (Sometimes my TV if I felt like it) and do other stuff on the other. It ran kinda slow cause I only had a 800Mhz CPU but it was pretty usefull.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.

poorboy

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2002
Yes, but depends on OS support.

Don't get an SIS6326 PCI card. I did, and it was erm, unreliable under Win2K. Something about the BIOS version, I think. And OpenGL 3D was a bad joke.

<i>I used to have a girl, but then I got my CS degree...</i>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Interestingly enough, i have personally had seen alot more success when using one nvidia and one ATI card together instead of using two of either together.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out