Radeon_Can't play game more then once or crash?

G

Hi. I have a radeon 64mbsdr. Other system faqs
1.4tbird 266
k7s5a mb
two 60gig 60gxp's
sb 5.1 card
hp cd-rw
XP pro

my problem, is that with any game.....ANY game, I have to reboot after I play, or i can't play again. Anytime i play a game, end it to do ...whatever.... and later restart the game, I crash to the desktop. I reboot...and I can play as long as I like.... but only once. I have the newest radeon driver, and have actually had this problem with all kinds of drivers, and even tried some of omegas drivers.
Any help appreciated thanks.

Flyboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It's not that I don't want to help, I just don't have a clue...to me it seems like it would be a video driver issue. But it seems that you have already tested this with multiple driver versions. What about a BIOS update?

G

I had the same set-up as you and the same problem also. In order to correct this problem I found that I had to replace the 1.4tbird with an xp processor. Once this was done I had no other problems. I called/emailed ECS and AMD to no avail, they told me there was no known conflict, they were wrong. After surfing the web and nearly pulling my hair out, I came to the conclusion that I need to just try a new processor. Good luck

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sheac12 on 05/24/02 07:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

dragonfin

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2002
I am having the same problem with one game - FIFA WC 2002. Everytime i restart the game, it crashes.

My system specs:
AMD XP 1600+
Abit KR7A-Raid133 (BIOS: 7G)
DDR 256M PC2100 ECC SAMSUNG
Raid 0 w/two 40G 7200rpm WD HDD
ATI Radeon 8500 (6.13.10.6071)
SB Live MP3+
HP CDRW
WinXP Pro