Downloading ring tones with Data Cable

Hi,

I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
tones from my computer and send them to my phone?

Also what formats are supported?

Thank you,

TC
15 answers Last reply
More about downloading ring tones data cable
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    You will need three programs.
    1st WebJAL_R010103 which is now attached in this [1/3]
    2nd USBInstallation which will be attached in [2/3]
    and
    3rd WebJalPatcher_R010103.exe which will be in [3/3]

    Save all three to disk then run WebJAL_R010103 to install
    the base program. When it asks to if you want to start or
    use the program say *NO* or *Cancel*, I forget which. You
    do not want to run it before its been patched.

    2nd run USBInstallation to install the USB stuff.

    and 3rd, you guess it run WebJalPatcher_R010103.

    After all that you can start WebJal. You will have to
    click the login, and what ever you do do not enter a name
    just OK the blank user id.

    and off you go, loading ring tones, background and other
    stuff.
    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
    >tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
    >
    > Also what formats are supported?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >TC

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Ok this is the USB part

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
    >tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
    >
    > Also what formats are supported?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >TC

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Ok this is the patcher

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
    >tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
    >
    > Also what formats are supported?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >TC

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    ok im sending a 4th txt file

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
    >tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
    >
    > Also what formats are supported?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >TC

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Posted by: Dai_Ca

    quote:Originally posted by DigitalBreach
    Webjal R01.01.03
    http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJAL_R010103.exe

    Webjal Patcher
    http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJalPatcher.exe

    For whatever reason you can login without a username or password. Just click OK on the Login prompt. I paid the $5, but assume I wasted my money :X

    Hi,

    I installed .03, installed the patcher, and can login...but when i try to connect to the phone, it says "The application was unable to read the required phone information. Please check your cable connection and your preferences."

    What preferences should i have? its currently set to com1, baud rate 19200, and 'connect via usb connection'? is something wrong? should it be different? any help is appreciated.

    thanks

    Posted by: bu00ha

    Dai_Ca that happens from time to time....try uninstalling the usb driver then reinstall it....wiggle the data cable....push n hold it in...etc.....its a pain but thats how i use to do it

    Dai_Ca how did you get the patcher to work for you? i still have the patcher problem, i'm still getting the " runtime error 70: PERMISSION DENIED " message

    anyone else???

    PS. You must us the Login prompt, but when it asks for a UserID, leave it blank, and just click Enter.
    Then your ready to start.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Hello,

    I am getting the following error as I am uploading ring tones to my
    phone.

    "A general communication error occured while communicateing to the phone.
    Please verify the connection between the computer, phone and cable as well
    as your preference settings. In addtion you may try setting the phone baud
    rate to 19200"

    This error occurs right when the transfer is about to complete. I am
    able to see my java applats that are on the phone but not the ring tones I
    downloaded from Nextel or the wallpaper.

    I have my phone set to 19200 as suggested by the error and the
    perferences are USB.

    Am I over looking something?

    TC

    "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
    > tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
    >
    > Also what formats are supported?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > TC

  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Glad you got the software, I was unsure if your news reader could
    put all the piece together again.

    This problem happen to me, and as I remember I only made certain that
    the cable was seated firmly in place before I started WebJal.
    Anything else is beyond my humble knowledge.
    JDa

    TC wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am getting the following error as I am uploading ring tones to my
    > phone.
    >
    > "A general communication error occured while communicateing to the phone.
    > Please verify the connection between the computer, phone and cable as well
    > as your preference settings. In addtion you may try setting the phone baud
    > rate to 19200"
    >
    > This error occurs right when the transfer is about to complete. I am
    > able to see my java applats that are on the phone but not the ring tones I
    > downloaded from Nextel or the wallpaper.
    >
    > I have my phone set to 19200 as suggested by the error and the
    > perferences are USB.
    >
    > Am I over looking something?
    >
    > TC
    >
    > "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
    >>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
    >>
    >> Also what formats are supported?
    >>
    >>Thank you,
    >>
    >>TC

  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Admiditly a bad new reader but surprisingly it can handle combining and
    decodeing as long as it's not Yenc.

    I tried makeing sure the USB cable is seated well. I saw one website
    saying it was because the ringtone (wav or midi) where not in a format that
    the phone can handle.

    Back to the drawing board.

    Thank you for the software and the suggestion.

    TC

    "JDa" <jdaNoSpam@NoSpam.net> wrote in message
    > Glad you got the software, I was unsure if your news reader could
    > put all the piece together again.
    >
    > This problem happen to me, and as I remember I only made certain that
    > the cable was seated firmly in place before I started WebJal.
    > Anything else is beyond my humble knowledge.
    > JDa
    >

    > TC wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am getting the following error as I am uploading ring tones to my
    >> phone.
    >>
    >> "A general communication error occured while communicateing to the phone.
    >> Please verify the connection between the computer, phone and cable as
    >> well
    >> as your preference settings. In addtion you may try setting the phone
    >> baud
    >> rate to 19200"
    >>
    >> This error occurs right when the transfer is about to complete. I am
    >> able to see my java applats that are on the phone but not the ring tones
    >> downloaded from Nextel or the wallpaper.
    >>
    >> I have my phone set to 19200 as suggested by the error and the
    >> perferences are USB.
    >>
    >> Am I over looking something?
    >>
    >> TC
    >>
    >> "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
    >>>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
    >>>
    >>> Also what formats are supported?
    >>>
    >>>Thank you,
    >>>
    >>>TC

  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    As for the wav's I have the 8KHz, 8-bit. I'm using windows sound recorder
    under the wav format it's a PCM at 8KHz should it be something else?

    TC

    "Mark A. Boyd" <mblist@sanDotrr.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:25:03 GMT, TC wrote:
    >
    >> I tried makeing sure the USB cable is seated well. I saw one website
    >> saying it was because the ringtone (wav or midi) where not in a format
    >> that the phone can handle.
    >
    > For wav, make sure they're sampled at 8KHz, 8-bit. Most any sound editing
    > software can make the conversion.
    >
    > For MIDI, I think it ensuring that the file is a format-0 or something
    > like
    > that. Not sure what that means, though.
    >

    > --
    > Mark A. Boyd
    > Keep-On-Learnin' :)
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    What what I've read it do wav's. But I have issues with MIDI too.

    accually the size thing makes since let me test that out.

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:57:33 GMT, TC wrote:
    >
    >> As for the wav's I have the 8KHz, 8-bit. I'm using windows sound recorder
    >> under the wav format it's a PCM at 8KHz should it be something else?
    >
    > PCM is what I use, too. How large is the file? I don't know if there is a
    > file size limit, but the two I've done so far are both less than 200 KB.
    >
    > I should probably mention that I have an i860 and don't know whether the
    > i730
    > supports wav files.
    >

    > --
    > Mark A. Boyd
    > Keep-On-Learnin' :)
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I get an error 70 when trying to install the patched versionOn Sat, 26
    Feb 2005 23:38:13 -0500, JDa™ <jda@nospam.net> wrote:

    >ok im sending a 4th txt file
    >

    >On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
    >>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
    >>
    >> Also what formats are supported?
    >>
    >>Thank you,
    >>
    >>TC

  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    You might try re-downloading both from the following links:
    You need to install the WebJal_R010103,exe 1st then install the patch.

    --------------- Snip start -------------
    Originally posted by: Dai_Ca

    --------------- Snip end -------------

    rdgrimm@se.rr.com wrote:

    > I get an error 70 when trying to install the patched versionOn Sat, 26
    > Feb 2005 23:38:13 -0500, JDa™ <jda@nospam.net> wrote:
    >

    >>ok im sending a 4th txt file
    >>

    >>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
    >>>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
    >>>
    >>> Also what formats are supported?
    >>>
    >>>Thank you,
    >>>
    >>>TC

  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Here are the formats:
    Wav = Sample Rate is 8000; 8-bit; Mono Save as a Windows PCM
    Midi has to be type 0

    DO NOT use Windows Recorder! It will not work properly. I use a program
    called Cool Edit Pro and it works great. As for MIDI I use a program
    called Noteworthy Composer.
    ~~~~~~~~~

    --
    wormser
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Will Webjal work with my Blackberry 7520?
    -Ron
    > You might try re-downloading both from the following links:
    > You need to install the WebJal_R010103,exe 1st then install the patch.
    >
    > --------------- Snip start -------------
    > Originally posted by: Dai_Ca
    >
    > quote:Originally posted by DigitalBreach
    > Webjal R01.01.03
    > http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJAL_R010103.exe
    >
    > Webjal Patcher
    > http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJalPatcher.exe
    >

    > For whatever reason you can login without a username or password.
    > Just click OK on the Login prompt.
    >
    > --------------- Snip end -------------
    >

    > rdgrimm@se.rr.com wrote:
    >>

    >> I get an error 70 when trying to install the patched versionOn Sat, 26
    >> Feb 2005 23:38:13 -0500, JDa™ <jda@nospam.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>ok im sending a 4th txt file

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Don't know. I do not own a Blackberry. I personally use a Palm
    Zire 72 for all the standard functions they have in common. I can
    sync that with my PC, using the Desktop Applications that Palm
    *provides* for free. I've thought about getting rid of my Nextel
    service and going to some service where I can uses the Palm Treo unit.
    But I just can not let go and move to a single all purpose platform.
    I very much believe in what I call the component platform, individual
    units to perform individual needs. That way you don't lose the use
    of the whole unit while waiting for a replacement to be mailed to you.
    And I feel sure we all know about the lose of business when we have
    to wait possible 3 days to receive a replacement from the Nextel
    Insurance carrier. Its a crying shame that Nextel could not see fit
    to provide a better interface to deal with the problems that arise
    for its customers.

    Oh well, sorry about the rant. But I still don't know if it
    works. The only thing I can tell you is to try.

    Gallon Family wrote:
    > Will Webjal work with my Blackberry 7520?
    > -Ron
    > "JDa™" <jdaNoSpam@NoSpam.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>You might try re-downloading both from the following links:
    >>You need to install the WebJal_R010103,exe 1st then install the patch.
    >>
    >>--------------- Snip start -------------
    >>Originally posted by: Dai_Ca
    >>
    >> quote:Originally posted by DigitalBreach
    >> Webjal R01.01.03
    >> http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJAL_R010103.exe
    >>
    >> Webjal Patcher
    >> http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJalPatcher.exe
    >>

    >> For whatever reason you can login without a username or password.
    >>Just click OK on the Login prompt.

    >>rdgrimm@se.rr.com wrote:
    >>

    >>>I get an error 70 when trying to install the patched versionOn Sat, 26

Nextel Cable Internet Service Providers