Downloading ring tones with Data Cable

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
February 27, 2005 4:53:22 AM

Hi,

I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
tones from my computer and send them to my phone?

Also what formats are supported?

Thank you,

TC
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 4:53:23 AM

You will need three programs.
1st WebJAL_R010103 which is now attached in this [1/3]
2nd USBInstallation which will be attached in [2/3]
and
3rd WebJalPatcher_R010103.exe which will be in [3/3]

Save all three to disk then run WebJAL_R010103 to install
the base program. When it asks to if you want to start or
use the program say *NO* or *Cancel*, I forget which. You
do not want to run it before its been patched.

2nd run USBInstallation to install the USB stuff.

and 3rd, you guess it run WebJalPatcher_R010103.

After all that you can start WebJal. You will have to
click the login, and what ever you do do not enter a name
just OK the blank user id.

and off you go, loading ring tones, background and other
stuff.
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
>
> Also what formats are supported?
>
>Thank you,
>
>TC

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 4:53:23 AM

Ok this is the USB part

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
>
> Also what formats are supported?
>
>Thank you,
>
>TC

February 27, 2005 4:53:23 AM

Ok this is the patcher

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
>
> Also what formats are supported?
>
>Thank you,
>
>TC

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 4:53:23 AM

ok im sending a 4th txt file

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
>
> Also what formats are supported?
>
>Thank you,
>
>TC

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 4:53:23 AM

Posted by: Dai_Ca

quote:o riginally posted by DigitalBreach
Webjal R01.01.03
http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJAL_R010103.exe

Webjal Patcher
http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJalPatcher.exe

For whatever reason you can login without a username or password. Just click OK on the Login prompt. I paid the $5, but assume I wasted my money :X

Hi,

I installed .03, installed the patcher, and can login...but when i try to connect to the phone, it says "The application was unable to read the required phone information. Please check your cable connection and your preferences."

What preferences should i have? its currently set to com1, baud rate 19200, and 'connect via usb connection'? is something wrong? should it be different? any help is appreciated.

thanks

Posted by: bu00ha

Dai_Ca that happens from time to time....try uninstalling the usb driver then reinstall it....wiggle the data cable....push n hold it in...etc.....its a pain but thats how i use to do it

Dai_Ca how did you get the patcher to work for you? i still have the patcher problem, i'm still getting the " runtime error 70: PERMISSION DENIED " message

anyone else???

PS. You must us the Login prompt, but when it asks for a UserID, leave it blank, and just click Enter.
Then your ready to start.
February 27, 2005 9:23:27 AM

Hello,

I am getting the following error as I am uploading ring tones to my
phone.

"A general communication error occured while communicateing to the phone.
Please verify the connection between the computer, phone and cable as well
as your preference settings. In addtion you may try setting the phone baud
rate to 19200"

This error occurs right when the transfer is about to complete. I am
able to see my java applats that are on the phone but not the ring tones I
downloaded from Nextel or the wallpaper.

I have my phone set to 19200 as suggested by the error and the
perferences are USB.

Am I over looking something?

TC

"TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
> tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
>
> Also what formats are supported?
>
> Thank you,
>
> TC

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 3:17:01 PM

Glad you got the software, I was unsure if your news reader could
put all the piece together again.

This problem happen to me, and as I remember I only made certain that
the cable was seated firmly in place before I started WebJal.
Anything else is beyond my humble knowledge.
JDa

TC wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting the following error as I am uploading ring tones to my
> phone.
>
> "A general communication error occured while communicateing to the phone.
> Please verify the connection between the computer, phone and cable as well
> as your preference settings. In addtion you may try setting the phone baud
> rate to 19200"
>
> This error occurs right when the transfer is about to complete. I am
> able to see my java applats that are on the phone but not the ring tones I
> downloaded from Nextel or the wallpaper.
>
> I have my phone set to 19200 as suggested by the error and the
> perferences are USB.
>
> Am I over looking something?
>
> TC
>
> "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
>>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
>>
>> Also what formats are supported?
>>
>>Thank you,
>>
>>TC

February 28, 2005 3:25:03 AM

Admiditly a bad new reader but surprisingly it can handle combining and
decodeing as long as it's not Yenc.

I tried makeing sure the USB cable is seated well. I saw one website
saying it was because the ringtone (wav or midi) where not in a format that
the phone can handle.

Back to the drawing board.

Thank you for the software and the suggestion.

TC

"JDa" <jdaNoSpam@NoSpam.net> wrote in message
> Glad you got the software, I was unsure if your news reader could
> put all the piece together again.
>
> This problem happen to me, and as I remember I only made certain that
> the cable was seated firmly in place before I started WebJal.
> Anything else is beyond my humble knowledge.
> JDa
>

> TC wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am getting the following error as I am uploading ring tones to my
>> phone.
>>
>> "A general communication error occured while communicateing to the phone.
>> Please verify the connection between the computer, phone and cable as
>> well
>> as your preference settings. In addtion you may try setting the phone
>> baud
>> rate to 19200"
>>
>> This error occurs right when the transfer is about to complete. I am
>> able to see my java applats that are on the phone but not the ring tones
>> downloaded from Nextel or the wallpaper.
>>
>> I have my phone set to 19200 as suggested by the error and the
>> perferences are USB.
>>
>> Am I over looking something?
>>
>> TC
>>
>> "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
>>>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
>>>
>>> Also what formats are supported?
>>>
>>>Thank you,
>>>
>>>TC

February 28, 2005 8:57:33 PM

As for the wav's I have the 8KHz, 8-bit. I'm using windows sound recorder
under the wav format it's a PCM at 8KHz should it be something else?

TC

"Mark A. Boyd" <mblist@sanDotrr.com.invalid> wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:25:03 GMT, TC wrote:
>
>> I tried makeing sure the USB cable is seated well. I saw one website
>> saying it was because the ringtone (wav or midi) where not in a format
>> that the phone can handle.
>
> For wav, make sure they're sampled at 8KHz, 8-bit. Most any sound editing
> software can make the conversion.
>
> For MIDI, I think it ensuring that the file is a format-0 or something
> like
> that. Not sure what that means, though.
>

> --
> Mark A. Boyd
> Keep-On-Learnin' :)
February 28, 2005 11:20:20 PM

What what I've read it do wav's. But I have issues with MIDI too.

accually the size thing makes since let me test that out.

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:57:33 GMT, TC wrote:
>
>> As for the wav's I have the 8KHz, 8-bit. I'm using windows sound recorder
>> under the wav format it's a PCM at 8KHz should it be something else?
>
> PCM is what I use, too. How large is the file? I don't know if there is a
> file size limit, but the two I've done so far are both less than 200 KB.
>
> I should probably mention that I have an i860 and don't know whether the
> i730
> supports wav files.
>

> --
> Mark A. Boyd
> Keep-On-Learnin' :)
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 6:58:54 AM

I get an error 70 when trying to install the patched versionOn Sat, 26
Feb 2005 23:38:13 -0500, JDa™ <jda@nospam.net> wrote:

>ok im sending a 4th txt file
>

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
>>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
>>
>> Also what formats are supported?
>>
>>Thank you,
>>
>>TC

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 10:57:54 AM

You might try re-downloading both from the following links:
You need to install the WebJal_R010103,exe 1st then install the patch.

--------------- Snip start -------------
Originally posted by: Dai_Ca

--------------- Snip end -------------

rdgrimm@se.rr.com wrote:

> I get an error 70 when trying to install the patched versionOn Sat, 26
> Feb 2005 23:38:13 -0500, JDa™ <jda@nospam.net> wrote:
>

>>ok im sending a 4th txt file
>>

>>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:53:22 GMT, "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a i730 and the data cable. Can someone tell me how to take ring
>>>tones from my computer and send them to my phone?
>>>
>>> Also what formats are supported?
>>>
>>>Thank you,
>>>
>>>TC

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 12:32:49 AM

Here are the formats:
Wav = Sample Rate is 8000; 8-bit; Mono Save as a Windows PCM
Midi has to be type 0

DO NOT use Windows Recorder! It will not work properly. I use a program
called Cool Edit Pro and it works great. As for MIDI I use a program
called Noteworthy Composer.
~~~~~~~~~

--
wormser
Anonymous

Will Webjal work with my Blackberry 7520?
-Ron
> You might try re-downloading both from the following links:
> You need to install the WebJal_R010103,exe 1st then install the patch.
>
> --------------- Snip start -------------
> Originally posted by: Dai_Ca
>
> quote:o riginally posted by DigitalBreach
> Webjal R01.01.03
> http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJAL_R010103.exe
>
> Webjal Patcher
> http://www.nextel347.com/Webjal/WebJalPatcher.exe
>

> For whatever reason you can login without a username or password.
> Just click OK on the Login prompt.
>
> --------------- Snip end -------------
>

> rdgrimm@se.rr.com wrote:
>>

>> I get an error 70 when trying to install the patched versionOn Sat, 26
>> Feb 2005 23:38:13 -0500, JDa™ <jda@nospam.net> wrote:
>>

>>>ok im sending a 4th txt file

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 2:25:36 AM

Don't know. I do not own a Blackberry. I personally use a Palm
Zire 72 for all the standard functions they have in common. I can
sync that with my PC, using the Desktop Applications that Palm
*provides* for free. I've thought about getting rid of my Nextel
service and going to some service where I can uses the Palm Treo unit.
But I just can not let go and move to a single all purpose platform.
I very much believe in what I call the component platform, individual
units to perform individual needs. That way you don't lose the use
of the whole unit while waiting for a replacement to be mailed to you.
And I feel sure we all know about the lose of business when we have
to wait possible 3 days to receive a replacement from the Nextel
Insurance carrier. Its a crying shame that Nextel could not see fit
to provide a better interface to deal with the problems that arise
for its customers.

Oh well, sorry about the rant. But I still don't know if it
works. The only thing I can tell you is to try.

!